𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝.

it was as simple as that.

it wasn't like I could choose.

over the years it was almost inevitable how much I began to fall. his smile gave me butterflies and his touch sent me to oblivion. as his best friend, I was lucky enough to be able to hold his hand freely. I was happy just being by his side.

" I think I'm in love."

that single sentence played in my mind over and over again, like a broken record. it hurt me more than I had expected it to and I remember how, at that time, I had completely frozen up. not being able to utter a single reply after almost five whole minutes.

after 15 years, izuku had fallen in love, and it wasn't with me. it was a miracle how I hadn't completely fallen apart right there and then. but I had to compose myself. for his sake.

"in love?"

I questioned after a long pause. he laughed bashfully and began swinging back and forth upon the swing next to mine.

"y-yeah. in love."

my grip on the chains of metal attached to my seat had tightened. "can I ask who with?" I replied, getting more and more anxious. there could be a chance it's me, right? maybe he'd ask for advice and use it on me.. right?

I had filled myself with the false hope that came crumbling down once he uttered her name.

"uraraka. ochaco uraraka"

once again I had frozen. my eyes watered over just the slightest bit as I bite my lip to keep from making any unnecessary noise. I glanced at my green-haired companion only to see him smiling to himself, looking almost dazed.

he was in love. completely and utterly in love with her.

just like I was with him.

I let out a sigh to compose myself, it had most definitely caught his attention as if see him turn to me from the side of my eye. I looked at the sky before turning to him with a bright smile. the sadness being hidden.

"uraraka huh? I think you two would make a great couple." I assured him. he bashfully waved his hand, as if denying the idea. there was a giant blush creeping up his cheeks as he stammered.

"n-no there no way she'd ever date me! I mean of course i'd d-date her but there's no way she'd-"

"izuku."

I cut I'm off before he could ramble on anymore. I lifted myself off the swing and trudged towards him before stopping in front. he looked up at me, his best friend, with eyes of admiration. with eyes that said 'you are my best friend and I love you for that'

I gave him a sad smile and squeezed either side of his shoulders with my hands, crouching down slightly.

"izuku, please believe in yourself a little more. I want you to know that anyone would be lucky to have you and I will support you in any way I can."

he started at me with his emerald green eyes and I watched as they filled with joy and he smiled. the bright smile he's always given me.

"y/n, thank you!"

he caught me in a hug and nuzzled my hair. I could do nothing but hug back as my arms encircled him and I pet his hair like I always did.

'that's right.'

'as long as you're happy."

➶ ☁︎ ︎︎☁ ☁︎ ➴

authors note -
eh