Epilogue

Beyoncé's POV 3 years later

I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw Jay's name flash across the screen of my phone. Why is he calling me? I thought. I knew it had to be something really important for him to call me, so I turned to my girls and said, "I'll be right back!" over the loud music at the club.

I found a quiet space in the VIP section to answer the phone and see what happened that led him to call me.

"Jay? Did something happen?!" I answered, worried.

He chuckled lightly, "No, I just wanted to hear your voice one time today. I mean they played Upgrade U tonight in the club but that ain't really count."

I giggled and sighed with relief. "Aw baby that's sweet but you had me worried! We're not supposed to talk to each other today!" We're getting married tomorrow and each of our friends took us out separately to celebrate. We made an agreement to not talk to, see, or even text each other from this morning until the wedding tomorrow night, but deep down I knew we wouldn't be able to do it.

"I know but did you really thing we'd stick to that?" he asked.

I laughed and shook my head knowing full well he couldn't see me, "No, I didn't honestly. You still out?"

"Nah, we just came back to the hotel. I'm surprised that you still out at 3 am though."

"I know, I should probably get to bed soon...I know I have something important tomorrow I just can't remember what it is!"

"Ha ha ha, you're hilarious," he said sarcastically. "But forreal, have fun tonight. I love you and I'll see you tomorrow, Mrs. Carter."

My heart skipped a beat hearing him say that. Even though we got engaged last year it's still exciting to hear him say that.

"Love you, Mr. Carter," I said before hanging up the phone.

I smiled, thinking back on the last three years since we got back together. I honestly didn't know if things would work out between us, but I loved him so much that I had to agree to give him another chance. If I didn't, I never would've stop wondering what would've happened if I did.

And I'm so glad that I did. For a long time I had a hard time trusting him. I was constantly asking where he was going, who he was going with, when he'd be home, all of that, and he never got annoyed with me. He was always patient and understanding, and he kept every promise he made to me. He's really a changed man and I'm glad I gave him the opportunity to prove it to me.

We still fight every now and then like a normal couple, but we've grown so much in our communication and making time for each other...things are so much better than they were three years ago, and I can't wait to make this man my husband.

Even though him cheating on me was so painful and hard, I'm glad we went through it because it brought us to where we are now.

I was served lemons, but I made lemonade.

🍋