🦋Chapter Fifteen🦋

"..... I'm hope for this generation.........."

Song for the chapter: Die young by Roddy Rich
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Wait.... You're what?"

"Engaged". Her dad said in the exact tone he used earlier.

"Yes baby. Don't worry I'm not the wicked stepmother. I heard what normally happens to you, don't worry I know a good therapist who retired from the states and he has changed so many lives". The woman smiled as she spoke. Ashley raised a brow In shock, so her dad has the guts to tell someone about her issues. A stranger at that?

"That's bullshit! Y'all are bullshits". Ashley screamed as she pushed down the white flower vase. The sight of it irked her the moment she saw it.

"Ashley chill out". The woman tried to hold her but she pushed her away.

"Chill out? You're fucking telling me to chill out?"

"Language Ashley!". Her father thundered.

"You're a wicked man. You're heartless". Ashley cried as she spoke. She was tired at this moment and felt like hitting her head on the wall.

She ran upstairs to her room and slammed the door she needed to shower and brush cause she felt like she was loosing her mind and moreover her stomach growled louder by the minute.

She entered the bathroom and took off all her clothes. Then turned on the shower and let the cool water hit her whole body. She didn't rush her bath this time because she felt tired and weak so she spent alot of time in the bathroom

When she was done, she combed her wet hair and used a towel to dry it then pull it into a bun and pulled on a black flared gown. She then switched off her phone not that anyone will try to reach her but then it was pointless leaving it on since everyone around her were practically dead.

She headed downstairs and met her dads wife in the kichen stirring a brown sticky liquid with a wooden ladle ogbono soup

"Should I serve you dear? "

"Yeah". Ashley muttered. Apart from the fact the soup smelt good, Ashley decided that at least even if she wanted to die she should be well fed.

Number one : eat enough food.

Cause you literally dont want a situation where you appear in the land of the dead and you're being questioned then your tummy growls loudly?. See?

The woman who was shocked by her reply quickly ran to get a deep bowl which she scooped a lot of soup with large chunks of meats and fish. Then placed a wrap of pounded yam on a flat plate.

Poundo yam - Ashley thought as she saw it. But then when she took a morsel of it, she knew it wasn't poundo yam it was real pounded yam. The one you pound with pistle inside a mortar not the type you turn like semovita. How and when did she make it?. Ashley didn't know when she ended the meal and burped in satisfaction. She washed her hands and relaxed in the sitting room

Number two:  watch your favourite TV show.

Ashley tuned into her favourite station nickelodeon and watched Henry danger for about two hours and when she was sure Emem was asleep, she tiptoed upstairs and grabbed some money and ran out of the house.

Number three: go to the designated place of your death.

It was easy, the river she always go to. Yes the same river she and Chioma met earlier. Once she was out of the estate she flagged a tricycle and told the driver her location. As she sat in the tricycle, she turned to meet someone besides her - Jace.

"Hey Ashley". He smirked but she turned her face away to the other side.

"Jace". She managed to force a smile. Jace returned the smile too.

"Sooo what are you going to do at that river?". He questioned after a while. He must have heard when she told the driver her location

"Go drown my self in the Solace the waves give me". She said lowly.

"I like solace too". Jace nodded.

"You?". Ashley tilted her head upwards. She wondered where he was also heading to.

"I'm going to the market to pick some stuffs for my mom". He groaned and Ashley chuckled.

"Why are you complaining. It's fun". Ashley said but then their chatter was cut short because the driver had parked by the market.

"Hey Ashley?. Sorry I have been a jerk to you. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me?". Jace asked.

"It's alright. Las Las we go dey alright". Ashley smiled and he smiled too. She decided to let go this time cause this would be the last time he would see her. She would make sure of that.

"Oga you no go come down again ni?. Abi you won pay double ( young man won't you alight from the vehicle?. Or do you want to increase my fee)

Jace quickly apologized and paid the man for both himself and Ashley. "Bye Ashley. See you in school next week". Then the driver zoomed off.

"I wish you would". Ashley muttered and looked outside and let the breeze relax her. As she closed her eyes, she saw someone- Ayo. She felt like she didnt say goodbye to him or even attend his funeral.

"Cokers street". She changed her plans.

🦋

Ashley met the gate to Ayos house wide open and as soon as she stepped in, she met an older woman pulling out lugages from the house and complaining under her breath.

"Didn't I? Didn't I tell you people to come stay with me?. I even told you two weeks ago that his work was uneccesary. I can provide for him". The woman shoved a black bag to the booth of a shining black Lexus jeep. She was unaware of Ashley's presence.

Mrs Adeshina walked out of the house clad in a wrapper and white Tee. Her wrapper was loosed at the side and the tip trailed on the ground.

"Good morning ma". Ashly greeted and Mrs Adeshina snapped her head towards her.

"Ashley". She pulled Ashley into a cozy hug.

"You're leaving too?". Ashley didn't know why she added 'too'. Maybe because everyone left her.

"Yes dear. There's nothing here for me to live for. I'm going to stay with my mom". She rubbed Ashley's shoulders.

Ashley nodded wiping away the tears that spilled from her eyes.

"I love you okay?. Take good care of yourself". She hugged Ashley one last time and entered the back seat of the jeep then the car sped out of the compound to the tarred road.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The doctors gave me medication the pastors said pray. I've tried both of these but anxiety hasn't gone away, so forgive me if I fantasize about being gone today. 🦋❤