🦋Chapter Seven🦋

"........I'm a story to be told and a one to behold......"

Song for the chapter: Not The Girl_ by Darey.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ashley has been pacing back and forth the house waiting for the return of her older brother but after every second he didn't seem like he would not come home anytime soon. She has called his line over fifty times but then he did not pick up. Her mum had ran to the kitchen after Ashley screamed but after explaining the predicament to her mom, the old woman muttered something about not up for their childish games.

Ashley felt sad. She wanted her mom to pick up her phone, call her son and order him home like any typical Nigerian mother would do or any normal mother would. But her mother retired to bed not even caring if she was going to bed. Ashley glanced at her phone and it was past twelve in the morning. She didn't feel sleepy but she felt like she should really be in bed right now.

Timi stole her money she knew that. Her father had told them to use their year of birth as the password to their Credit card and Timi is the only person capable of stealing her card and emptying her account. He must have snuk into her room while she was having her bath earlier after their encounter. She searched her room for her card but couldn't find it. She always kept it in her green sling bag but it wasn't there anymore.

She was about giving up when she heard a vehicle sound outside. She peeped outside the window and saw her dad shamelessly kissing another woman inside a car. The car light gave away the woman's face and Ashley must say she was very beautiful, her red lipstick stuck to her mouth and didn't even smudge after the kiss; it must be original.

Ashley's dad got down from the vehicle and closed the door not without blowing the woman another kiss. Ashley quickly inserted the key into the door and stepped aside for her father to pass. The older man was shocked for a moment and thought it was a trap.

"Where is your mum". He asked after Ashley locked the door.

"She is sleeping. Good evening sir".  Mr James breathed out in relief. He couldn't imagine the ranting Jennifer would start this morning and for the first time ever he was glad he was late.

Ashley knew her father was drunk but she would rather keep it to herself.

🦋

The sound of the television woke Ashley up. She was shocked to see her mum in the sitting room already dressed up. That means it's morning. She slept in the sitting room on the couch and made it through till morning!!! Without nightmares.

"Good morning ma". She greeted and the woman nodded. She was putting on her shoes and jewelries but her eyes were focused on the Television and she was watching keeping up with the Kardashians again. Her mom's addiction to the program grew day by day and Ashley knew it was because she wanted to be like them.

Ashley lazily climbed the stairs but when she remembered Timi she ran to his room bursting his room door open. To say she was shocked was an understatement. Timi had a small amount of white powder in a paper on his palm and his nose was stained with it. The larger amount was wrapped in a  white leather and was tossed carelessly on the ground. His head which was thrown backwards earlier, jerked as she opened the door.

"Timilayo James where is my money". Ashley demanded. Her money was important right now. They could talk about the white powder later.

"Good morning to you too". Timi folded the paper carefully and slid it at his back pocket. Ashley couldnt believe how horrible her brother looked. Didn't her parents see him?

"Timi I'm not joking. Fun mí lówó mí (give me my money)". Timi's head craned towards Ashley and she became scared. His eyes were bloodshot red and the dark circles around it were worse. His beards had grown and he didn't shave them, he looked like a mad man.

"When I asked you for money you told me you did not have it. So where did this one come from again". He thundered whilst walking towards Ashley.

"You're the only person that knows my password and is capable of doing such act so please give me my money". Ashley was on the verge of tears. She had been saving that money for a while now. She wanted to use it for something important when the time came.

"Get out. So you're calling me a thief?. Leave my room!". And with that Timi pushed Ashley out of his room and locked the door. Ashley banged hard on the door afraid the roof will fall but then he didn't budge. She slid to the floor and started to cry

🦋

You disgust me

I hate you

Ashley knew she shouldn't be doing what she's doing right now but she doesn't care. After Timi left the house she snuck into her parents room and grabbed the spare key to his room and opened the door. She needed to find the larger parcel of that drug. She walked into his room and it reeked of dirt, alcohol and urine. When last did Timi clean this room?

She searched everywhere but couldn't find it. Where did Timi keep it?. She was rearranging the things she scattered when she pushed his bedside lamp mistakenly. She bent to pick it but something fell from inside. The white powder!!!!

Ashley was glad and quickly slid it to her back pocket. After reassuring everything was back to its place, she locked the door and returned the spare key then ran to her room and locked the door.

She went to her toilet and burst open the nylon emptying it's content into the water closet. She then flushed it with the nylon.

Why are you crying

Don't you know that sinners are always punished ?

.
.

Who's your favorite character so far?.
Do you think what Ashley did was right?
Who do you think stole Ashley's money?

Please follow, vote, comment and share 🦋❤