🦋Chapter Ten🦋

"....I'm history waiting to happen....."

Song for the chapter : goodbyes by post Malone ft young thug.

.
.
.
.
.

Ashley was numb and couldn't move from the spot. Her brother was dead, all because of her. The news caster further disclosed that Timi was killed by armed men who have been captured and they later confessed they were into drug dealing which Timi was a part of. Timi stole a parcel of harddrug from them and couldn't pay them either the money or parcel, and was given a deadline which he failed to meet. So they executed him.

"Ehn. Execute? Harddrug? Stole? Ah! Ah!". Ashley's mom screamed hard. She couldn't believe her first and only son was dead. What will become of the family.

"What is this?". Ashley's father thundered as another news came up. They were all too shocked to talk, Mr James became sober at the spot, Timilayo is dead, just like that it's a lie

His phone rang and it was a strange number. He couldn't bring himself to pick it up so he didn't but the caller called again.

"Hello". He was trying so hard not to break down but Jennifer was rolling on the floor already.

"Yes. I am his father".

"I just watched the news"

"Thank you. We'll come for the body tomorrow". He hung up and held his head in his palms. The whole world seemed heavy.

"We have to go claim the body tomorrow". Mr James announced staring at his wife and Ashley. Ashley tried to be strong but deep down she was falling apart, she felt wierd, she felt guilty. If she had told Timi that she took the parcel and hadn't lied to him he would still be alive. Or even if she hadn't even carried the parcel in the first place.  I killed him she thought- i killed my own brother.

"Mum, dad I have something to say". Ashley started, calling them both mom and dad was wierd but her mom looked much more wierder the way mucus was dropping from her nose.

"The parcel was with me".

"What parcel is that?". Her mom asked for the first time.

"Timi asked me for 15k and I told him I didn't have it. But he sneaked into my room, stole my credit card and swept my account clean. That was the night I screamed mom, the next day I confronted him and on getting to his room I found him with hard drugs". Ashley's mom stood up from the ground and sat on the chair. Her dad's eyes were wide open.

"Timi? Was with drugs in this house?". Mr James thundered making Ashley shiver

"Let Ashley finish". Her mother was surprisingly calm. Why?, wasn't she the woman who just displayed before them right now.

Ashley gulped and continued as four eyes stared back at her "I took the spare key from your room the next day and retrieved the parcel from Timi's room and then flushed it down the toilet. He was mad and asked me for it but I told him I didn't take it. I do....... "

"So you killed my son!". Jennifer launched forward but she husband was quick to hold her.

"You killed my only son!. My son!. You killed Timi. You're a murderer!". Jennifer was like a raging tiger. Something about Ashley became numb, Jennifer screamed like she lost her only child. Like Ashley wasn't her child

"You have always been the wrong one. Right from day one you were a devil. You had to undergo therapy but then we didn't know no amount of therapy can help you, you....."

"Enough Jennifer!". Mr James grip tightened on Jennifer.

"Leave me!. I hate you Ashley. I hate you!!. You've finally killed my son. I'll never forgive you, mark my words. I will never forgive you not even if i die!".

Now Ashely a new pang of pain and guilt. The words her mother uttered cut her deep like a knife and she was lost. It just dawned on her that she was not an important part of the family and her brother was loved more than her.

She grabbed her phone and ran out of the house. This time the tears poured out without stopping, she flagged a bike down and hopped without telling the bikeman where she was going.

🦋

"Shhh. Calm down princess. Calm down". Ayo's voice came out a bit groggy, Ashley came to his house and banged on his despite knowing it was late, she needed to speak to him and pay the bikeman outside. He came out later and Ashley realized he was asleep.

"Calm down please. Stop crying. Do you want to wake my mom up?". Ayo rubbed her back in circles. He was scared because Ashley couldn't stop crying and he hated seeing women cry

"I'll go get you some water". He quickly ran to bring a glass of water and forced Ashley to drink it. Ashley cannot believe that Timi was dead-but she saw his picture and the hospital confirmed it right?

"Breath princess. Breathe, whatever it is will be temporary. It's just a phase. It will pass princess. And I will be here with you okay".

"You-you d-o-ont hiccup under-rst-and hiccup th-e th-ing hiccup".

"Shhhhh. It's going to be okay".

"It's not Ayo. It never will be". Ashley flared up. Ayo cannot be telling her everything is fine. Nothing will be fine, nothing will ever be okay.

"Princess...".

"I'm a murderer! I killed my brother!". Ashley screamed holding her chest. Ayo's jaw hit the ground. He couldn't believe someone as feeble as she is would hold a gun or knife and kill another person, let alone her brother.

"How... That's -that's not true". Ayo shook his head, it's a lie, there's no blood on her hands.

"It's true. It's the truth. I-i-i"

"What's going on here?". Mrs Adeshina questioned staring at both Ashley and Ayo.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Do hugs not drugs, spread love not hate🦋❤

Lool. I know some people will be giving me wierd looks, sorry Timi had to die. We don't always get what we want in life, he was a good soul. The death of someone close takes a part of you and leaving you half dead, I pray we dont encounter any unexpected deaths. Fasten your seat belts people and glue your eyes to the screen cause there's gonna be alot of twists.

Please follow, vote, comment  and share 🦋❤