🦋Chapter Three🦋

"........I'm a skyscraper of peace and the trailblazer of unity".

Song for the chapter: let you down by NF
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Ashley come down for breakfast!". Ashleys mother screamed from downstairs as she served breakfast to her husband whose face twisted at the sight. It was salad and he dosent want to eat salad since he had the same damn thing for dinner.

"Why are we eating garbage?". Timi asked like it was a piece of garbage. He was famished and knew that the salad will not last till lunch, heck it won't even last till ten.

"Young man it's called salad and I took my time to prepare it so eat up!". Mrs James his mom ordered as she added more salad but Timi was far stubborn to stuff him self with those greens. So he stood up, grabbed his backpack and walked out slamming the door hard.

"Timilayo James!". His mom screamed after him but he was far gone and alot by 21 savage was blasting loudly in his ear drums as he walked down the street to go meet his friend who promised he had some stuff for him. The last one he had got finished and he needs more before he looses his mind.

"Good morning ma. Good morning sir". Ashley never refers to her parents as mum or dad cause it felt foreign on her tongue. She felt like there were to distant to be called that, your mum or dad knows you more than most people right?

"Hmmm". They both muttered as response as she sat down. Mr James stuffed the salad forcefully into his throat and it annoyed him each time he took a spoon. Ashley dished some for herself and started eating, she had no say and had no time to prepare another breakfast.

She was already halfway done when she heard a clattering sound from across her table. It was Mr James who stood up angrily, this breakfast irritated him and he couldnt keep quiet about it again. "I'm done eating this garbage". He was about to gulp down a glass of water when Mrs James screamed on top her voice.

"I guess it's not as good as the meals your new girlfriend makes huh?". Mrs James was fed up. She knows her husband loves slender women and she was very slender when they met but then after she had Ashley she started to get bloated around her legs and tummy and over the years she became fat. She noticed her husband didn't find interest in her anymore. He resented her and lately she found out he had numerous girlfriends and they were very slender.

So since then she decided to go on a diet to regain her husband back hence the salad but then nothing seemed to work. "Stop it Jennifer!. You're making me loose my mind". Mr James slammed the glass cup on the floor making his wife and daughter shiver. The glass cup broke into million a pieces but it wasn't as broken as Ashley. Ashley wanted to be anywhere but here, this was the routine that has been happening for a while and after this her father will leave and not come back till after so many days.

"Loose your mind?!. James I'm going crazy everyday!. You neglect me because of my body. You make me feel insecure!. I'm trying okay? I buy products to help me but none of the damn products work!". Mrs James slammed her hands on the table, she knows the whole neighborhood will hear her right now but she couldn't care less she needed to save her marriage before its too late. What will society say?.

"Then try harder. Try harder Jennifer!!". James said as he turned around, grabbed his briefcase and left the house. Jennifer knew he wasn't going to work but going to meet one of his new girlfriends she was a model and had lots of money. She knows James had good taste and that was how he met her.

"Um ma I'm off to school". Ashley stuttered as she stood up.
"Do you need anything?". She inquired timidly, she wanted her mom to cry on her shoulder and tell her everything and then maybe pray for a better marriage for her. But then Jennifer had a volcano boiling in her mind. She felt like she needed to rip things apart, she definitely needed a drink.

"Get out!. Get out joor. You are the cause of this. You ruined my marriage". Jennifer screamed as she pulled the white cloth off the dining table and pushing everything in sight. She was so angry and didn't notice she broke her favorite mug and cut herself.

Ashley scampered away and headed to school. The clouds hung heavy above the sky. It was as dark as she is, heavy and tormenting. She checked the time on her phone and found out she had twenty minutes before classes  commenced. She slipped out her earpiece from her bag and plugged it into her phone.

She tried to block out the noise and voices she heard but then they were louder than before. For a moment she thought it was someone behind her that spoke but then she turned and found no one.

Why are you scared..

You ruined my marriage!

You disgust me!

Why are you crying

But amongst all this voices there was one which rang constantly in her head..

Who's God?

"I don't know who he is".

Ashley who's God?

"I don't know". She broke down in the middle of the road but she wasnt the only one who broke down. The sky did too, much more heavier than she did. It seemed like it cried with her and she stayed like that, letting it hit her in every corner. People on the street stared at her like she was wierd, some called her names obanje, witch, mamiwater (mermaid) some even videod her but then she was not the least bothered at least the rain may wash away the voices she heard.

You're loved, your unique, special and beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise🦋❤

Please follow. Vote, comment and share