chapter 3 - A glimpse of you.

Anonymous POV

"Jungkook!" I yell after the boy, who is now walking before me with quick feet.

"Jungkook, slow down."

"Jeon Jungkook!" 

I decide to run after him, thank god for my track team background. There really is no stopping that boy. 

"Jungkook, stop okay!", I grab onto his wrist in one swift movement, spinning him around to face me.

I stay there for some time, just catching my breathe, feeling his intense gaze on me grow bored by the minute. All of a sudden he opens his mouth slightly as if to say something; which I'm guessing is because neither one of us wants the thick layer of awkwardness to settle in and make itself a cozy home, especially in this situation. 

"Stop following me."

Is all that comes out of his mouth. His lips that stayed stranded, for far longer than the words that had just left them. Before I knew it, he was stepping away, turning his back on me. 

"Jungkook, stop."

This time, it comes out as much of a plea than a demand. 

"You didn't have to bail me out, I was fine. I don't need you, I didn't need you and I won't ever need you."

The words leave his lips in a sinful, almost cruel way. He's keeping his gaze on the ground, or just basically anywhere but me. My heart breaks at that. Silence once again. painful, lonesome, threatening. 

"But I do. I need you." I look down at my feet, tears threatening to fall. 

The words are hushed, never wanting to be heard by the one they're for. 

After some time, I really think he's gone, given up on me. I guess that's what I get. For ever thinking we had a chance. For ever thinking, he was mine to begin with. He doesn't want me. He never did. My vision blurred as the tears I had been holding back, now somehow seemed to slip away and make their travel down the softness of my cheek. 

some time passes and I'm still there, left alone. Minutes that feel like days, months, years. I open my eyes to see a pair of light brown timberlands, inches away from my own pair of light blue converse. My heart is sent into an undeniable frenzy as I recognise him almost immediately. 

"I um, didn't know the way back home so." He stutters in his answer, rubs the back of his neck, standing there before me once again. 

I smile up at him, just getting lost in those big doe eyes, staring back at me with warmth and innocence. You don't know how bad I want you, Jeon. You never will. 

I feel water droplets on the side of my cheek, getting startled I look up at the sky. 

"What the--" Jungkook looks up surprised to see it pour down with such urgency. 

"Fuck, we've got to get out of here, it's raining." He says, panicked. 

I just stand there looking up. Reaching a hand out to feel the droplets of cold water collide with my burning skin. I hum in satisfaction, smiling like a crazy person. The smell of summer rain fills my nose, leaves fresh and ready to fall, mixing in with scents of beautiful flowers all around. 

"It's beautiful." I say, opening my eyes to see Jungkook staring back at me. 

This time with a smile plastered across his face, hand raising up to cup the side of my cheek. I flinch slightly at his gentle caress and close my eyes at his touch. He speaks again, with the most breathtaking tone a person could posses. It was music to my ears. And this time, it sang with the most loving of words.