Chapter 8: Frozen Heart

CHAPTER 8; FROZEN HEART

Carmi, Illinois

Aiden tossed and turned as he grabbed his blanket. He kept hearing a voice inside of his head, it sounded familiar. He tried to ignore it but it wouldn't go away. Who was it? What did it want?

Aiden woke up in a black room. No windows, no doors, no vents, no way out. He wasn't afraid for the first time. He looked around and found nothing.

"So you are Aiden Eagles," The voice said. It sounded young like a kid almost. Aiden turned around to see the figure.

The figure appeared, it was a young male. He was tall with a fire outfit that he made out of his powers. He had black curly hair and little freckles. His eyes were full of hatred but still held that dark brown color. He had orange gloves and orange boots.

"Who are you?" Aiden shivered as he finally spoke for the first time.

"You don't know me?" He chuckled, "Come on Eagles. I'm the Flame. I've been inside of your head. Don't you recognize me?"

Aiden looked at the Flame up and down. He then shook his head. He finally knew who this man was. He was the one who took Dillan, Leon, Cameron, and Ever.

"Where are they? What did you do to them?" Aiden asked him as he approached him.

"Oh they're fine," The Flame said waving him off. "I'm more concerned for you."

"Concerned for me?" He scoffed.

"You don't know much of your powers. How powerful you can become. I can help you." He stepped closer to Aiden. "The power suits you. The boy who had a frozen heart, now it's melted. Cause of a girl."

"It's not because of a girl. She's just a friend."

"That's what they all say. That's what the hero always says to his lover."

Aiden rolled his eyes, "I don't have time for this. You don't scare me. I want my friends back and I want you to die and leave us alone."

"Touchy.." The Flame said giggling. "I guess you never heard the saying, "If you don't control the ice, the ice controls you."

"What did you just say?" Aiden stopped in his tracks when he heard that.

"If you thought my powers were bad, look at yourself. You could hurt your friends, family and everyone you love. You wouldn't want to do that, would you Aiden?" The Flame's face softened.

Aiden then took a minute to sigh. He thought about how cold he used to be. He did have a frozen heart. Melody didn't melt it, nor did his friends. It was still there and still hard cold.

Aiden's eyes filled up with tears, "I'm such a monster. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me. I'm so horrible."

The Flame showed memories of Aiden bullying other kids. Aiden was only hurt by his home life and took it out on everyone. Aiden couldn't take it and he started to cry. He started to freeze everything, the floor turning to ice.

"If you don't want to cause any trouble, then leave Aiden. Run away and never return." The Flame said to Aiden. Aiden wanted to agree but he just felt his pain inside of him.

"No," A voice said all of a sudden. Aiden turned around seeing Melody.

"You might think you have him figured out Flame, but you don't." Melody said. "I know him better then anyone."

"Really? What makes you say that? You don't have any powers." The Flame laughed.

"No, but I can thaw a frozen heart."