Chapter 7: The Runaways

CHAPTER 7; THE RUNAWAYS

Carmi, Illinois

The sun had set and it was dark and gloomy. The group that were runaways from home had been broken. The caring and quiet of them all was now ripped away from their lives, his sister crying from selfishness.

Aiden just looked at the fire that Eli had built for them. They didn't want to go back knowing that Dillon wasn't with them. The best from the flames was shining in Aiden's face. His arms were wrapped around his legs feeling cold.

Melody looked over and she walked towards him. She tried to fake a smile since she hated seeing her best friend upset. Delanie was across from Aiden hugging her knees to her chest as she slept.
"How are you holding out, tough guy?" She said with a fake accent and sat down beside him.

Aiden shurgged and scoffed, "What's the point? Without Dillan, what's the point? I'll just let him win. He got me."

"A, come on," She encouraged him. "Dillan is not dead. We all know that!"

He rose to his feet, "No! I saw him Mel! I saw him and there was nothing that I could do! Just like Every, she died of cancer and there was nothing that I could do to save her!"

Melody froze in her place as she saw Aiden Eagles had cracked. He cracked so bad that he had tears running down his face.

"Aiden," She put her hands cupped around his face a he sniffed. "I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I didn't know you had a sister."

"I did," He said as he looked at the fire. "She was the most living person ever. She walked into a room and the whole universe would light up. Her laugh was so loud that you could laugh with her. Her smile was so contagious. She was the best, I miss her."

Melody nodded her head as her orange hair was laying on her shoulder.

"Is that why you were so mean? Because of your sister?"

"No, it's because of my family. My mom and dad don't care about me at all. They never come home and I always have to take care of myself." He said crossing his arms still freezing. "Life sucks, get used to it."

"Well, you don't suck. I know that," She held his hand and he looked up at her with soft eyes.

"What makes you say that? I don't even understand why you are friends with me. Just leave me here. I failed. Do you understand that?" Aiden was on the verge of tears.

Delanie woke up, her green eyes were half way open. She was exhausted; she wanted to know what was going on that was most important.

"Aiden, listen. I know my brother is alive, I know that." Delanie resured him. "Now, get some sleep. We're going to get Cam and Dill back. We are the Runaways."

Aiden smiled, "The Runaways?"

"We're never going back. Ever." Melody said smiling. "We are the Runaways!"

"What about our parents?" Aiden asked curiously.
Melody jumped up, "No rules, no responsibilities. Don't you just want to get away?"

Aiden had thought about it. This wasn't like Melody at all, she had been a rule follower and not into running away. She was more then glad to get away from Chicago.

"Let's get some sleep boys," Delanie said yawning. "In the morning, let's catch that flame once and for all."

Aiden put out the fire easily and wrapped himself in a blanket. He yawned and closed his eyes. He felt like he was a better person. He wasn't the same Aiden that he was; a mean, bully, not caring kid. It all changed when he met Melody.

~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm so sorry to keep you waiting but I have chapter 7 for you guys! What do you think of Aiden now? Who do you ship? #Miden? #Aelanie?