There was no empathy on Bonnie's face as she looked down at the boy in front of her. She knew what she'd face when everyone arrived back in Mystic Falls, but she was prepared, everyone was. It had to be done. And she knew it would take a long time to get Molly back to normal— but it was worth it.

She took one last glance at Kai, who was speechless, but his eyes were enough to get the point across. The calm before the storm, that she won't be here to see. She lifted her chin a bit, before muttering a spell and disappearing from where she just stood, her footprints still visible in the snow— right beside the blood she had spilled.

He didn't move. He let everything boil up inside of him as he stared up at the night sky.

Kai lay on the ground, his face closed in a grimace, his skin pale and clammy. Every few minutes he would scream, not like one of those guys in some Tarantino movie being tortured, but worse. There is a scream from deep within, that forces its way from his mouth, it is as if his terrified soul has unleashed a demon. All he felt was anger. It had a raw quality, the realness of a person consumed by a pain that knew no end or limit. Not physical pain, though. Then he would go quiet, just panting.

It's not predictable anger or pain that's the worst, it's the 'random' stuff you know is coming, just never when. The random work on the mind as a torture, elevating primal fear, decreasing logic and self-control. Kai breathed heavily as snow fell onto his skin, knowing that if he just stayed here he would die. And as much as he wanted to, he had a feeling— deep down— that he couldn't.

The need for revenge was like a rat gnawing at his soul, relentless, unceasing, it could only be stopped by the cold steel of a rat trap, a trap he would devise himself. Unforgiving. He would bare a grudge until he died or took revenge, whichever came first. Settling old scores. Brutal. Callous. Satisfying. Empty. Pointless. Excessive. Mean spirited. It appealed to his twisted and dark sense of humour.

All that anger he knew he would never feel again, had returned. And he wasn't angry because of what they'd done to him, but what they'd done to Molly.

Molly sat lazily on the couch of the Salvatore's living room. Fumbling with her fingers as her boredom strained on.

She thought about New Orleans, and how her and Kai might be able to build a life there. She knew that the Mikaelson's were there— and how she certainly didn't want to have to see Rebekah again, she definitely didn't want to see Klaus either. But she'd spent her whole life wanting answers about who she was— and now she might actually get them.

Molly wouldn't feel bad about leaving Mystic Falls. She never liked it here, never wanted to go to school here. But she chose to stay so she could help her friends— but that didn't matter anymore.

A bright light erupted in the room, and Molly used her hand to shield her eyes from it. Molly stood up from her spot on the couch and watched as the light faded.

Elena, Damon, Bonnie and a woman in a deep red dress— Damon's mother most likely— stood in the middle of the living room where the light just was.

It was silent, completely silent.

Molly looked at everyone of their faces, all the same. All waiting for something— for an outburst— a breakdown.

Molly didn't even realize what was going on at first. "Where's Kai?" She spoke.

"Molly sit down." Bonnie said softly.