“What of it?” Xuan Tianmo was not in a bad mood. He just held Noble Lady Yuan and had her sit back down before saying: “Whether you’re a noble lady or an imperial concubine, you are my mother. Right now, there are no outsiders. Me calling you imperial concubine mother is something that should be done. Sooner or later, there will come a day when I will call you empress mother.”

Noble Lady Yuan was moved, but her gloomy mood quickly returned: “Will such a day really come? Look at the current situation. His Majesty is making it clear that he wants to suppress you. You must be careful with your movements. Don’t let it be that you end up getting plotted against by your father emperor, that old fox, rather than that wicked ninth prince. The gains would not be worth the cost in that case.”

“Imperial Concubine Mother, don’t worry.” He continued to console her, “The one to obtain glory first is not much. How long one can retain their glory is what truly matters. The current matter has already occurred. We absolutely must remain stable, especially Imperial Concubine Mother. You’re in the inner palace, and you’re Imperial Concubine Li’s older sister. You must not let Father Emperor feel that you are a jealous woman who would try to steal her own younger sister’s grace. Son will say it once more. It has already happened, and it’s better for us to think about how to change this bad thing into a good thing.”

“Can it still be changed? I am a noble lady, and she is an imperial concubine. There are many levels between the two of us.” Noble Lady Yuan felt a little powerless.

Xuan Tianmo, however, told her: “The most important thing is that you must not be the one to go and cause a scene. If you truly can’t hold it in, just think a bit more about the reputation that had been regained with great difficulty. Regardless of the situation in the palace, at the very least, the people in the capital are speaking about how son is doing well. Son also has no plans of giving up on the hard work outside because of this. It’s because of this that they say the one with the love of the people controls the world. This is difficult and must not fall flat because of a small matter.”

Noble Lady Yuan let out a long sigh and nodded, saying: “If you say it like that, I feel much more at peace. I just feel sad for you and Kongshan. You put in so much work, but the reward was given to someone else. When you get back, you need to speak with her and make sure that she is at peace. She must not feel discouraged. Do you understand?”

Xuan Tianmo smiled and said: “That girl is much calmer than Imperial Concubine Mother. This news reached the Sheng Palace last night, and son did not deliberately hide it, allowing the servants to bring this information to her. The servants returned and reported that she just listened to it and nodded before continuing with her work. It sounded like she was going to visit the families that had been affected by the fake medicine to make amends.”

Noble Lady Yuan knew that the so-called fake medicine was related to the matter with the Persian doctor that old eighth had brought in the previous time, thus she nodded: “She really is a caring child. Then how do you think this matter should be handled? Should we just treat it as though nothing happened?”

“That definitely will not do.” Xuan Tianmo shook his head, “You are both members of the imperial harem, and you are sisters. Where would such a thing happen, where the elder sister ignores the younger sister being promoted? Imperial Concubine Mother must know that reputation is not just limited to son’s reputation in the capital. There’s also Imperial Concubine Mother’s reputation in the palace. The Empress’ side is what it is, but at the very least, you need to make it so others have something nice to say about you. Like this, it will be easier for son to speak among the officials.”