『Don't Experiment on Sensei!』

Start from the beginning

"Oh?" Jack crossed his arms slightly.

"I-I'm Duke Wimburg! You must be the new resident!" Anxious the man seemed to give his name without being asked, and assumed he was the new owner of the place.

"Jack Graham, it is a pleasure." Holding out a hand for the noble to shake, he raised a brow slightly.

The Duke would reach out and snatch his hand, shaking it rapidly. "Yes! Yes it is! And say... You have quite the Armor on you! Did you make it yourself?"

"Yes," Jack said with a casual tone, a simple answer.

"That is amazing! How long did it take?"

Jack tilted his head to the side slightly, "Half a year to subtly collect all the material necessary, and one week to complete its production."

Fluder and Arche just stared at them. Jack's tone was casual, but his answered were automatic as if they were scripted. "Who's the tall fella?" The old man asked, his eyes resting on the magic rings the man was wearing along with the powerful set of armor.

"Jack, Jack Graham," Arche spoke with a clumsy tongue as if she was still tasting his name on her lips. "I'm courting him..." Her face turned a slight pink in a blush as she said this, it felt strange to say it.

Fluder nodded slowly, before looking over the manor then towards the dead bodies. His eyes resting on the golden staff which seemed to be still held by the Lich's corpse. "He must be very well off if he can purchase a home such as this."

Arche nodded, "He's a noble from a Kingdom that fell in the East, he says." Though she wouldn't dare tell her teacher this man was an angel. It would sound as if she was insane, right?

"A Kingdom in the East..?" Fluder scratched his beard as he continued to watch Jack respond with a simple tone to the Duke. "Other than the Dragon Kingdom, I never heard of another Kingdom."

"I'm... Sure he'll tell you more if you ask," Arche said with a shrug, "He likes talking in a roundabout way though... Pretty sure he gets off on confusing people..." Her eyes shifted to the other members of her team which Jack had confused earlier on.

"Oh?" Fluder chuckled at this, knowing some intelligent people like the play with the minds of others as a hobby. "You have an intriguing taste in men, my dear."

Biting her lower lip slightly, she was tempted to tell him that she had been tricked into saying yes. Yet she found herself not saying anything... In her mind, it wouldn't have been a bad decision. He wasn't a noble, he didn't seem too delusional, and an Angel couldn't be a horrible person... Right? Her eyes rested on the back of Jack's head.

Stoically, Jack glanced to the side and gave her a once over. Wimburg was still talking, as he turned away from him and went walking back towards the two.

The Constables were inspecting the bodies, asking the team questions about what happened and verifying everything; writing everything down on pads of parchment.

"You must be Graham-dono, interesting name... It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Fluder Paradyne, Court Wizard and Headmaster at the Imperial Magic Academy. Arche is one of my former students..." The old man had a ringed hand outstretched.

Jack just stared at him for a few seconds, using Greater Identification through the use of silent magic. A small smile formed over his lips as he reached out and grasped his hand.

Fluder's eyes looked as if they were going to pop out of his head. The ring Jack had been wearing was removed by his free hand. The moment he did this, his magic prowess flooded the Headmaster's view. The elder almost seemed to shake with excitement, his eyes looking over the others present, before locking his eyes on the man in front of him, then looking to Arche.