『City of the Dead』

After having the short discussion of the whole pulling the items out of thin air earlier, Brita was the one to tell the boy and his grandmother that it was his talent. So once they had the herbs, Jack gave them a few gold coins and made his way out of the Pharmacy with Brita and his sister at his sides.

They were making their way back to the house. Taking an alternate path.

Jack's eyes trailed over towards the graveyard, the gates were closed and there was someone on the wall which surrounded it. He was curious, why was there so much security around the graveyard?

Even in the world he came from, there wasn't that many people guarding such a place.

Could it be that the undead naturally spawned there? His eyes stared at the gates as they were walking by before looking to Brita. She was hardly paying attention to it. Not even curious. He even noticed there were some adventurers going into the graveyard with their weapons.

Raising a brow at this he came to a stop and Brita turned her head to look at him and his sister.

The two siblings stared at the scene. In the distance he could hear the moans and groans of the undead. How they would be shambling about unsteadily. Yet he couldn't see them through the stone walls.

"Hey Brita... How often do the dead rise in that cemetery?"

"Oh?" Walking up beside him, she folded her hands behind her back casually. "Those who have regrets rise often. The Adventurer Guild uses this as one of their promotional tests, by taking out the undead."

"I see..." Pursing his lips slightly, there were plenty of things that could go wrong with this. Especially if a necromancer bent on spreading death were to use it as a cover to conscript an army of the undead. It would be what he would do if he were in this world and at the level of everyone else. Could that already be happening? "Hm..."

"Is something wrong Jack?"

"Couldn't a necromancer or higher powered undead also be raising the dead? Under the pretense that all this is happening naturally?" His eyes rested on Brita who blinked a few times, only to nod, concurring with him.

"That... Would be a brilliant idea for an intelligent undead like a Lich," Brita frowned at this. It was hard for her to understand why everyone was overlooking that probability.

Jack would walk towards the Gates, each step casual as can be.

"You're going in, with Eve?" Brita raised a brow and followed slowly behind.

Eve smiled smugly hearing the question that Brita asked her brother and turned to look at her. "They're no match for my firepower." Her tongue moistened her lips with a gentle shine.

Brita blinked slightly, she could see the excitement in the little girl's eyes. Excitement for the idea of slaughtering the undead and whomever might be behind it...

"No dead will rise again from this cemetery." Jack said with a quiet tone before pressing a hand against the bars of the cemetery gate.

The Guard on the wall looked down at him and raised a brow. "You can't go in..." He paused when the man looked up at him and lowered his hood.

"Open the gate," Jack uttered under his breath and without further argument, the Guard complied.

Brita sped on over beside them, she wasn't going to let a child go in there alone. Even if she was confident with her ability to destroy the undead. Or at least confident that her older brother could do so.

So as they walked onto the rotten soil, surrounded by dead trees and cracked tombstones, their eyes watched their surroundings. The air in this place smelled of death and miasma.