『Road to E-Rantel』

Ever since he had gained his senses in this world, all he wanted to do was fly.

Jack's eyes stared at the grounds below as the morning sun consumed the landscape. The grassy plains waved at him as the wind brushed over it. His wings remained spread as he would hover like a seagull before a storm.

He enjoyed the sight of the Warrior Troop moving about the Carne Village in the distance. He also liked how the villagers themselves had begun to follow their daily chores.

Jack watched as children ran off to fetch water from the underground well, playing along the way. His eyes continued to take in the village life as the women hung clothes out to dry. His nostrils flared as he could smell the bread rise as smoke rose from the chimneys.

"Mmm..." It was a good day to hang around.

Glancing to the side, his eyes rested on Aura and Mare as they were flying on up towards him, whilst holding hands with one another. He chuckled as they flew up behind his left wing, using it as cover.

"Cipher-sama," Aura said his name with a small smile across his lips. "Your sister is looking for you," she'd place a hand on his wing. Feeling his feathers.

"She is always looking for me," Jack said as he turned his head back down to watch the Warrior Troop as they were leaving the village. They seemed to be in a pleasant mood, with filled stomachs and their stamina fully charged.

Aura nodded with a wide smile across her lips, giggling a bit. "You're not wrong. Ever since you've left this morning, she has been asking every single Floor Guardian about you."

"Aren't you happy she can't follow you up here?" Jack asked jokingly as he would turn his attention back to the Village. Nothing seemed to be happening. The Sunlit Scripture didn't seem to have any reinforcements and none even seemed to be on the way either.

"What are you looking for?" Aura asked, as it seemed Mare was remaining quiet, just observing the world around him. Her brother seemed amazed by the world he had done to hide the ruins so well.

"The Slane Theocracy attacked the Carne Village in order to get to one person," his eyes traced over the field of dead soldiers who had been picked clean of valuables. "It was an act of terrorism to cover up an assassination plot, to kill the Head Warrior of the country we're currently in the territory of."

"T-terrorism?" Mare's attention immediately shot back to Jack as he spoke of this.

"An unlawful act of violence and intimidation against civilians and or citizenry."

"Wouldn't War be considered terrorism?" Aura asked as she rested her eyes on the human village. Everything seemed so calm now that there were no soldiers about trying to wipe out the place.

Jack shrugged, "If war was about killing civilians that will work the farms after you takeover the territory, before you acquire the land. Probably. However," he'd say as he let out a light huff. "This was needless killing, murder. Even though I'm capable of killing without remorse here, I do not just needlessly massacre men women and children."

Aura and Mare frowned, while he wasn't wrong, he was talking about humans with such care. "Even if they're lesser lifeforms?"

"Are your beasts lesser life forms? What if someone killed all of them, just to get to you?" Jack asked with a calm voice, though he didn't make eye contact as he stared off into the distance ahead of him.

Aura head perked up slightly, but not in a happy fashion. Her nose scrunched up, the idea of all her friends dying just for someone to get to her, it didn't sit right with her at all. Was this how he was thinking? Her eyes stared at the back of his helmet.