『Smoldering Silence』

Like a pimple, the walls of the Cathedral burst as a powerful composite blast of flames and a bludgeoning force tore through the Capital City of the Slane Theocracy. A blinding white light, stealing the sight and lives of all those within its range.

Buildings were swept away, human bodies left shadows behind were they once stood. The screams couldn't be heard over the rumbling and soon silence rained over the empty walls which now seemed cracked and lifeless from the following shockwave. Everyone inside the city was dead, like in the legends of the Silent City that had been felled by the undead so many years ago in the Beastman Nation to the West.

Jack stood there, in the sky, with Demiurge floating right beside him with several items in his arms. Zesshi's head could be seen resting cradled along Jack's arm, before he dropped it into his item box.

If he wanted her at some point, if he had no choice but to accept someone like her, he'd just use true resurrection on her. Though he was pretty much doubting ever wanting someone who wanted him for his power and hated her own heritage.

To hate one's heritage, would be to hate part of one's self.

The flames and death which reflected in his glasses, caused the Devil to grin widely at what the Supreme Being had done. He saw this as a righteous act against those who had fought against the Great Tomb of Nazarick and failed not only once, but twice.

"The magnificent destructive power behind your extensive prowess over magic will never cease to amaze us all, Cipher-sama. I can only fathom the meaning behind your actions."

"They may have had more than just one world item, they had to be destroyed." Jack uttered before looking over towards the Floor Guardian through his visor. He then turned his head towards the direction of the Elven Kingdom. "Their culture is also based on extreme prejudice towards nonhumans."

According to the one man he had devoured from that fight in the Six Cardinal's Cathedral, it was clear that the Slane Theocracy was at War with the Elves and the Elves were on the losing side.

However now the Theocracy was likely without any of its leadership, as it had been all in one place. Or at least the highest political authority was now lost, along with the chain of command.

He was beginning to wonder how the Elves would fair now against the remaining scriptures which were now very few and far between.

From what he could tell, the Elf King could've wiped the floor with the Theocracy troops, and yet declines to do so, claiming his own people to be weaklings.

It reminded him of how his daughter only wanted to mate with the Strong. In which had actually gotten her killed since he had no interest in doing so. On top of that, Demiurge had practically killed her after he partially crippled her.

Jack looked towards the items which Demiurge and he had taken from the Sanctuary which held the Six Great Gods' items prior to the destruction he had planted.

"If we don't take credit, I wonder who will..." Jack chuckled quietly to himself as he scratched the side of his helmet. A sickening sound like that of nails on a chalkboard could be subtly heard for a few seconds before he stopped.

"Lets return to the Great Tomb," He'd suggest before looking at Demiurge who had already put all the items in his own item box for safe keeping. It was easier than just holding onto them physically.

Just for killing so many people, Jack had mentally exhausted himself. He could use magic, that was for sure, and he could use his physical prowess. The motivation was just no longer there.

"As you say Cipher-sama. It would be best," the only thing that annoyed Jack about Demiurge and most of the other NPCs was that they were all Yes men. Except for his little sister who was practically programmed not to be. His sister wasn't a yes man, she was far from one. Though she did obey him despite her somewhat rowdy tomboyish bratty personality.

Overlord and the SeraphimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara