Rest

The USS Enterprise CVN-65 was one of the oldest carriers in service for the US navy since Her commissioning in in 1961, and has had numerous deployments from the Cuban Missile crisis, to the shores of the Vietnam war and the Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Always doing her duty, and always answering the call and being there on time.
But now she waited in the dock under the hot sun waiting her fate, the brass could not decide to three decisions: A) Scrapped (Just like Enterprise CV-6), B) Turned into a Ship Museum, or C) Having the Non Nuclear Compartments be recycled and added to the construction of the new Enterprise CVN-80.

But, I doesn't matter now, what matters is the time she had spent, in service to her nation and answering her call of duty, she remembers her first deployment it was 1961 the Cuban Missile crisis, than she she remembered 'Nam, 4 years after the Missile Crisis, when she was there she had to watch as the crew worked day in day out re-arming the aircraft and carefully handling things, especially the munitions and the jet fuel, than She remembered the Fire cause by the mishandling of a MK-32 Zuni Rocket, the scars may have been faded, but they were still present.

As she stood there, Enterprise hoped to be turned to Ship Museum by at least having her eight reactors removed, and she longed to see the faces of those that had served on her, but who was she to deny the CVN-80 to go on make her legend, after all as a saying goes "I may have fallen, but will return stronger", and this case was fits well with Enterprise name.

After all the original Enterprise (CV-6), steel was used in her construction, her's was to be used in the construction of (CVN-80).

In the end doesn't matter after...

We Are Legend.

And all fades to black.