CHAPTER 9: Terrance

AUDRINA

After waking up the next day and taking Athena for a run through the woods, I stopped halfway on my way back to the house when I stopped to take a rest.

The air was perfect as it wasn't too cold or too warm right now and the sun was shining through the trees.

"Thank you for taking me for a run." My wolf Athena tells me.

"You're welcome. You're all I have Athena." I tell her.

"It's all gonna be okay you know? The Moon Goddess will find us another mate. If she did that for Hamilton then she has to for you. You did nothing wrong. You were for some reason though meant to have the family you had and the so-called 'mate' too." She states.

"For what, torture? Pain? Misery? What kind of fate is that? It's a curse I used to think I deserved after a while but now, being away from them I feel like they all should be punished. I can't help but want Karma to hit them so hard and painful." I tell her.

"Don't worry, it will. In the meantime, let's try and figure out a way to hang onto these new friends and family of ours." She says.

"Yeah. You're right." I tell her.

We get up and start to run back to the house when I stop and quickly shift back into my human form and put the clothes I had been carrying in my mouth the entire run. Then I start continuing on back to the house when I am startled by a noise of rustling leaves as if somebody is walking closer. I then start to pick up my pace a little bit to move quicker then someone jumps out in front of me and right away I know who it is.

"Terrance." I say.

Terrance is the cousin of Alpha Hamilton and is almost like an older brother to him I heard in the short amount of time I had to learn about Hamilton. He was two years older than Hamilton and had slicked back hair, more tattoos than Hamilton for sure and had the stature more of an Alpha than Hamilton. From what I heard, he was more feared than any other wolf.

"Hello, Alpha Hamilton's mate." He smirks.

"I'm not his mate. He rejected me." I reply.

"I know. Everybody knows." He says as he slowly starts making a couple steps towards me while I start taking a few steps back afraid.

"Don't worry." He tells me as he stops with his hands up in front of him. "I'm not gonna hurt you. However, I thought I would warn you." He begins.

"Warn me? About what?" I asked feeling scared.

"My cousin has told everyone of course that he rejected you for your sister and also stated that the Moon Goddess approved of it. However, that isn't the truth." He begins.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The Moon Goddess never approved of that and in fact, SHE broke the bond before Hamilton did after realizing what a terrible mistake she had made putting you with him." He starts explaining.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying that my cousin is full of shit and so are his family. Now I'm sure you want to know how I know all this. Well, I just so happen to be the protector of the Moon Goddess who told me herself that these lies Hamilton has told recently about you is going to cause havoc and possibly anarchy." He explains.

"What has he been telling the others?" I asked worried I may not want to know the answer.

"That you had gone against him before he made that announcement and invited you and your family over to reject you. Which is why my aunt and uncle along with others seemed relieved after he announced that because they believed the lie he told them of you cheating on him and didn't want the name to be tainted." He finishes.

"Wait a minute. Are you saying that my sister and him aren't really mates? And if that's true of what the Moon Goddess did to me, then why did I still feel pain?" I asked confused.

"Because rejection hurts no matter what. But at least you didn't feel the true pain you normally would have if she hadn't broken that bond beforehand." He mentions.

"True. I guess." I reply.

"Well I better be going before your new friends come looking for you. But hey, be careful where you run off to. Because we both know how convincing my cousin can be and the lies he can tell. You never know he might tell one or some that will result in having people come for you." He warns me.

"Okay. Thank you." I tell him with a smile.

"You're welcome. I just hate to see innocent people get hurt or bullied for no reason. Not to mention my cousin is an asshole." He laughs.

"True." I laughed back. "Will we see each other again?" I asked.

"Of course. I'll be in touch." He winks and smiles at me.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)