CHAPTER 5: What's His Problem?

AUDRINA

That was intense as he walked away after his 'bad-boy-tough-guy' attitude towards me was done and I understand however in how inconvenient this would have to be for him. Hopefully he will give me a chance into seeing that I am nothing like the others of my kind and also show him that not everyone are alike. 

After he went upstairs, his best friend who I guess was his Beta when they had a pack, was like the rest of the pack in telling me to try and not let Maynard get to me or take anything from him personal. 

Thorne and I got to know each other a little more and he was really nice. He also let me know that if I ever needed anything, not to hesitate in asking him. 

I began to finish up cleaning and seemed to have ended at the perfect time as it was now time to fix dinner. 

Due to the fact Maynard along with his best friend had been gone a while, I decided to make a huge 'welcome home' dinner tonight. 

While I was cooking I couldn't help but notice a few of the guys start walking towards the kitchen, moaning as the scent of the mouthwatering meal I was cooking, enticed their senses and made their mouths start to water. 

"You boys know the rules." I tease them. 

"Aww come on." One of them whines. 

"No exceptions. Everything will be done in half an hour." I tell them as I begin stirring the same in the pot. 

When I was finished cooking and setting the table, before I could even tell them all it was ready, they were coming towards the table and I then saw Maynard come walking down the stairs with his hair slicked back, a dark fitted t-shirt and dark pants, almost like he was going out and then sat down at the table. 

Once I finished setting the last dish of food onto the table and started walking away, I heard Thorne say something. 

"Where are you going? Sit down and eat with us." He suggests. 

Maynard doesn't look at me or say anything but I can tell, he isn't comfortable with the suggestion. 

"It's alright. I'm not that hungry." I replied. 

"Sit." I then heard Maynard. 

"I said I'm fine thank you." I replied and he grabs my wrist but not too tightly. 

Right away, flashbacks of when my father did that before he'd hurt me made me start to panic. Then I see everyone looking at me, including Maynard with a little worry and shock also. 

Maynard immediately released my wrist and looked away as though he had felt guilty. 

"Please, sit." He says in still an assertive tone but had some kindness to it also. 

I cleared my throat at the same time my stomach began to growl a little to hopefully cover up the noise but they all heard it-I felt real embarrassed. 

When I sat down all the guys smiled at me and as I looked up from the table at Maynard and smiled at him even though he wasn't looking at me. Then we all started to eat. 

After dinner was over with, everyone went off to do their own thing including going out on duty to protect the territory. I have never felt as protected and safe as I do here-oddly enough. 

Once I was finished cleaning is then loading the dishwasher, Thorne asked me if I had wanted to play a game with him on PS4. I'm personally not the best at playing video games but I thought it'd be fun. 

"Yes!" I yelled out loud in victory as I beat Thorne in the car racing we just played. 

"There is no way you have not played this before." He exclaims. 

"I swear I haven't. Beginner's luck." I tell him. 

"Yeah, four times in a row?" He asks. 

"Aww. Poor baby." I taunt. 

We next hear Maynard call for Thorne to meet him in the office as he's standing there looking at us or more like glaring........What's his problem?!?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)