A Romantic Night(Takes place during Insecurity)

"I'm really not in the mood for this." Peter groaned as he got back up to resume back into the fight. A giant robotic Rhino was attacking a bank in Queens and Peter had arrived on the scene to stop it. He was planning on going to Mount Justice to pick up Zatanna after school but instead this happened.

Though Peter had to admit, the tech design was quite nice. There was AI technology too. Then Peter jumped on the Rhino's back before it could smash him. He saw what was powering it and punched it. But then smoke started bursting from the Rhino and it fell to the ground.

"Well, guess that's one way end a superhero fight." He said to himself as he swung away.

                                                                                          X 

Zatanna was reading a book in her room at Mount Justice. It had been 2 months since her father had became Dr. Fate, and she had been feeling depressed ever since. The team had been helping her through it, but mostly Peter. Everyday, Peter came to visit her to check on how she was doing and would often take her to places to hangout. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" She said as the door opened to see Peter wearing a green sweater along with light blue jeans. "Oh hey Peter, your here."

"Hey Zee, you ready?" Peter asked. Zatanna giggled at the nickname Peter had given her.

"Yeah, I am." She replied as the they soon left the cave.

                                                                                          X

"Wow, this  is a good view." Zatanna said stunningly. Peter had taken her to the Empire State Building in Manhattan and so far she was enjoying.

"Thanks." Peter answered. "For the past few months, this has been where I've come to think."

Zatanna smiled. For the past while both of them had gained feelings for each other. They had both come to the conclusion of it, but didn't know how to tell the other. Then suddenly, they heard sirens and looked into the streets to see police cars pass by.

"EGNAHC SEHTOLC OTNI RUO SMROFINI!" Zatanna said as their clothes soon changed into their uniforms. Peter was surprised. "Wanna go stop some bad guys?"

"Zee, you impress me." Peter said as he put an arm around Zatanna's waist and they swung to the crime scene. They could see that some guys walking out of a bank with bags full of money. 

"Come on guys, didn't your mother ever tell you not to take what doesn't belong to you!" Peter quipped as the men drew their guns out. "Okay, I'll take that as a no."

"TAEH TAHT S'NOPAEW LATEM!" Zatanna shouted the men's guns became really hot and they had to let go of it. Using this to his advantage, Peter webbed the men to the wall.

                                                                                  X                                                                

"Peter, I'd like to thank you for helping me out after what happened to my dad." Zatanna said as Peter walked her back to her room.

"Anytime, Zee, I'm always there for you." Peter said as two began looking into each other's eyes they got closer and closer until the gap between them was no more. Their lips were sealed with the other. Zatanna's hands were on Peter's chest while his arms were around her waist. At last, they pulled away for oxygen.

They looked at each other until Zatanna went into her room and closed the door. Peter left the cave feeling a very powerful spark in his heart.