Misplaced

"Alright I got everything on your list Batman, plus groceries." M'gann said as she along with Superboy, Peter and Robin were helping her out with the groceries. It had been a month weeks since Peter had joined Young Justice. He was really enjoying it. He had made friends with everyone. He mostly became friends with Wally and Robin due to their common interest in science. And then there was Zatanna. The two had been hanging out quite frequently. Both of them had developed feelings for each other. But they didn't know if the other felt the same way. 

Batman, Red Tornado and Zatanna's dad were also helping out with the groceries when out of nowhere they vanished out of thin air. "Dad!" Zatanna whaled. Everyone went around looking for them, but the adult heroes were nowhere to be seen. Robin, Aqualad, Superboy, Wally and Artemis went to help other kids in the city. Peter and Zatanna were now scanning the entire world for any remaining adults.

"I can't reach the Batcave, the Hall of Justice or the Watchtower. All adult are missing." Peter said looking through the scans.

"Traditional media is offline. Kids worldwide are trending the same thing. Every adult 18 or older has vanished. This is scary big." Zatanna added looking through social media. Peter grinned.

"And we need you to find this source." He said firmly. Zatanna's eyes widened with fear. "Look I found this footage of your dad helping the others locate the Injustice League." Zatanna's dad used a spell to track the villains.

"B-but the words, that's only part of it." Zatanna said nervously. "Peter, I'm just not at my dad's level. I'll try it but, do you really think I can do it?"

"No..." Peter stated before finally adding, "I know you can."

                                                                                          X

The rest of the team finally returned and suited up, Zatanna was now facing a hologram of the Earth and she was ready. "Etacol Retnecipe Fo Yrecros!" Zatanna shouted as the location was found on the Earth.

"Coordinates locked." Robin said looking at the location.

Peter put his hand on Zatanna's shoulder. "See, I told ya you could do it." Zatanna smiled and unexpectedly hugged him. Peter was lucky he was wearing his mask so the others wouldn't see him blushing, but instead hugged her back. But then pulled away when they saw a little boy standing behind them. M'gann quickly read his mind and gasped.

"He's Captain Marvel." M'gann gasped. The team was shocked. Captain Marvel explained that on one world the adults were there and the kids were on the other. They had to strike fast to prevent the bad guy's efforts. 

                                                                                          X 

Klarion was continuing the spell when he suddenly saw Spider Man swing in and launch a few webs at him, but used a shield to protect himself. The team tried using numbers of tactics to take Klarion out, but he wouldn't give up without a fight. Then he shocked everyone to the ground all except Zatanna. She ran up to where Spider Man was on the ground groaning in pain. But then remembered the helmet of fate Wally grabbed before leaving the cave. She grabbed the bag and took out the golden helmet. She was really going to regret this.

"Zatanna no!" Wally cried. But it was too late. Zatanna had already put on the helmet and had now transformed into Dr. Fate.

"This ends now Klarion." Fate stated before releasing a spell that destroyed Klarion's shield. He then used magic chains to detain him.

"No!" Klarion whaled at the top of his lungs. Seeing that Klarion was defeated, Spider Man grabbed the yellow crystal and threw it to Fate. Fate caught and began the spell.

"Yam Eht Owt Emoceb Eno Ecno Erom!" Fate yelled. And then as big white flash occurred, the adults reappeared. Using this distraction, Klarion somehow freed himself and entered into another portal. But besides that they had caught the other bad guys. However all was not over.

Zatara was now staring at Dr.Fate. "Thank you for your assistance Fate now release my daughter."

Fate only stared at Zatara. "No, the world needs Dr. Fate and with this girl's body, she is a perfect candidate."

"No! You can't do that! Zatanna has her own life to live!" Spider Man growled in anger.

"Take me!" Zatara finally said. "My body is way stronger. I can handle your abilities. Please you have my word."

"You better keep your word." Fate said as he flew down in front of Zatara and removed the helmet which revealed Zatanna.

"Dad!" Zatanna whaled and quickly hugged Zatara. They remained like that for a while until Zatara pulled away taking the helmet from her. He then turned to Peter.

"Peter, you've been Zatanna's closest friend, promise me that you will always be there for her." Zatara said firmly. Spider Man looked shocked but finally said "I promise."

Zatara nodded and lifted the helmet of Fate above his head. "What!? No, Dad don't!" Zatanna cried. But Zatara put the helmet on and once again revealed Dr. Fate. Fate then walked and flew through a portal taking the bad guys with him.

Peter put a hand on Zatanna's shoulder, but instead she hugged him crying into his shoulders "I'm sorry." He whispered into her ear.