TWENTY TWO - FED UP

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile Azure entertained the familiarity of Eva - wondering where else she knew the woman from. It had been bothering her all day because she never personally met the woman but her face kept popping back into her head. For the moment she let the idea sit while she undressed and stepped into the shower.

Downstairs, Nico finished the meal, placing everything in the oven to keep it warm afterwards. The kids finished their homework quickly, only leaving their dinner to be served next.

"How was school, tell me what you two learned." Nico asked as he began to warm up the kids meals.

"I learned —"

"Nico, can I talk to you for a second?" Azure startled him as she unexpectedly walked back into the kitchen, dressed down from her work clothes.

"Mommy, I was talking here" Cyan threw his hands up.

"Sorry Cy, you can tell us both in a few minutes. Promise" Azure smirked, next turning back to Nico, "Upstairs, please"

Nico frowned. He didn't hesitate however to follow behind after giving the kids their dinner and scooping Amai back into his arms.

"What's up?" He asked stepping into the master bedroom.

"Is Eva the woman from the bar, the one that you were dancing with?" Azure cut straight to the chase.

Nico wanted to deny the question, but he was never the type to lie. Sure, mix the truth when needed be but he didn't make a habit out of it. Plus, he had no ill intentions so denying who she was would just cause unnecessary speculation.

"Yeah, you peeped? Small world right." he chuckled, only to see an unamused Azure.

"It's funny, because I asked myself when did you become the type to want to go to a playdate. Should've known you got something out of it."

Nico scoffed, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you used my kids as a gimmick to go chill with another woman, what is wrong with you?"

Nico was taken back, honestly speechless at Azure's sudden attitude.

"Azure, you need to calm down. You really think I would do some shit like that, what are you pmsing?" He kissed his teeth, moving over to the bassinet to lay his daughter down.

It was true, Azure was pmsing. However that didn't have anything to do with her anger towards Nico. All she could hear was her mother's words in the back of her mind, telling her she was too forgiving. Too blind to see the true intentions of her husband, who could talk his way out of anything.

"Yes, I think you would." Azure nodded.

"Then why are you married to me?"

The couple battled looks, neither breaking away. Nico was seriously tired of the drama, from all angles of his life. From his dad, to his brothers, and even within his own home.

"Good question" Azure mumbled.

Nico pressed his eyebrows together, fixing his mouth to respond only to be interrupted by the sound of the doorbell.

"Listen, clearly you're upset about something else. Unfortunately we don't have the time to find out what that is because the company is here"

"Don't do that" Azure rolled her eyes.

"Do what?"

"Dismiss my feelings. How would you feel if the situation was turned around, if I went to a man's house who I was clearly attracted to"