Chapter 77 - A Credible Threat

Start from the beginning

We walk along the side of the building, coming to the middle courtyard where Chris meets us. Scott lifts his hands out to his sides as we all stop our steps together with his question "Where's Parrish?"

"I lost him– he's moving too fast" Chris answers and looks around us, staying on high alert as his eyes take in the dark quietness of the school.

Liam taps my arm as he looks to our other side "Guys– that guy's not moving at all."

I look over to Liam's face before we all turn in the direction he's looking at, seeing an unmoving body laying down in the hallway near the other building beside us.

Scott and I take a few steps before Stiles grabs my elbow and silently disagrees with walking over there.

I soften my face and reach up to grab his hand, squeezing twice before I pull him with me. Scott nods towards him as well and Stiles makes a face before increasing his hold on me and moves his feet with mine.

We walk up the hallway and discover the body is completely bloody and slashed apart before we share a look and with my body being almost drawn forwards, we continue walking past him.

We see another body laying in the walkway just down a ways from the last one before I widen my eyes at the scene before us.

The back of a school bus has its emergency doors open and a massive amount of bloodied, torn apart bodies are laying in a pile. I swallow hard before muttering just above a whisper "Guys– look"

One of the dead bodies, isn't dead yet as he lifts his head up slowly, reaching his arm out towards us as he begs "Help– me..."

Scott takes a step forward with me following, however Hellhound Jordan stops our steps immediately as he comes walking out with purpose from the side of the building to our left, declaring "It's a trap" as he comes to a stop in the middle of our group and the murder bus scene.

"Please..." the guy in the middle of the dead body pile on the bus croaks out again earning Jordan to quickly turn back towards us, growling out in a voice so unlike his own "You can't help him."

We hear a deep rumble of a growl before a stomach turning squishing noise slices through the otherwise silent night– the result of that noise baring witness to the top half of the guy's body as it falls out of the bus and onto the ground below.

I slam my hand over my mouth to resist the urge to scream at not only that mental burning image but also my first in person glimpse of the Beast right before our eyes.

Scott lifts his arms out to his sides, making sure he's standing in front of us at the same time Stiles sets his arm across my front and pulls me back a step with him, declaring "That's big. No one said it was that big."

Liam shifts over a step in front of me as he states over his shoulder "I did."

The Beast sets his massive black body more in the aisle between the seats, gripping the back row of seats as he roars loudly into the night towards us fuck a duck that's a lot of teeth

Jordan flames on and returns with his own roar right back, earning the Beast to turn around inside the bus and run towards the front.

Jordan runs along the outside of the bus and the Beast breaks out of the front windshield before both of the creatures are running down the road and away from the school quickly.

We all run a few steps closer to watch the scene unfold as Scott asks the group "What the hell's happening?"

Chris makes a noise and looks over to us "It's getting smarter."