Chapter 29: Thank You, My Savior

Monday

Monday. As I open my eyes, I still remember what Kai did to me. I looked at the mirror while changing my clothes and I can see some light scars on my neck when Kai strangled me.

I put on a scarf to hide my scar. After changing my clothes into uniform, I immediately went outside of my condo even without having breakfast.

While on a taxi, I saw 188 text messages and 79 missed calls. And of course it's from Kai.

Kai: I'm sorry Jennie.
Kai: I'm drunk that's why I did that. Forgive me please.
Kai: I'm so sorry I strangled you. I got so much angry because of that picture.
Kai: Jennie?
Kai: Answer me, Jennie. Please.
Kai: Jennie! Answer me!

His text messages make me sick. But then, I need to text someone.

Me: Irene, last times when you and Kai are together, did you notice something bad or weird about him?

It didn't last so much time when she replied.

Irene: Why b*tch?

Me: Just answer me! B*tch.

Irene: HAHA. But rlly, why? Did he hurt you? I'm not concern or smth

It took me minutes to think if I'll say it to her or not.

Me: Uhm, yes. He strangled me

Irene: Good for you.

This b*tch never stop. Argh!

Me: Just answer my f*cking question!

Irene: U mad? But yes. I think he has some mental issues or smth when he's drunk.

Did she experience something like that too with Kai which is why she knows it? I just swallowed my pride and replied,

Me: Will you help me? Please, I don't want to be with him anymore.

Irene: Rlly b*tch? U think I will help you. Whatever, suffer. I already warned you before.

I remembered her warn me about Kai last time and I didn't listen to her. I just erased the thought of it and walked to the school. As I walk to the hallway, I was surprised.

There are a lot of posters around saying, "Jennie is a Flirt" and many more. As I look at them, they start gossiping.

"She's here."
"That flirt. She had so much confidence left on her that she even went here."
"Flirt Queen."

They are saying endless hurtful words yet I can't cover my ears to not hear them. The surroundings became so quiet until I heard someone shout.

"SHE'S HERE!"

It was too late. They started throw some eggs on me. Some are raw which had a sticky and unpleasant feeling and some are hard-boiled, which was the worst ones. My uniform is already stained and I smell weird. My perfume mixed up with the eggs.

"You flirty ass bitch!"
"Go on! She deserves that!"
"How dare you kiss someone while in a relationship?!"

Yes. The words were hurtful but the things they are throwing are hurtful too. I just closed my eyes until I felt a warm thing that hugged me.

I struggled opening my eyes because of the sticky egg yolk but I saw Taehyung, wrapping his arms on me. He half-smiled which made me teary-eyed. He is now the one who is thrown at, because he is blocking me.

"Is he the one Jennie kissed?"
"Yes, he's Kim Taehyung."
"He deserves to be thrown at too! Just go on!"
"Rot in peace!"

Even in an uncomfortable situation, I got comfortable with Taehyung's arms. I can't stop crying but still, the thought of him saving me makes me happy. "Shhh, don't cry. My Jendeuk." He said. I really missed him calling me Jendeuk which made me cry more.

"STOOOP!"

Taehyung removed his arms wrapped on me and we looked at the one who shouted. Which was... Kai. My heart beats so fast right now.

Kai walked towards me and held my wrist tight, "Come with me."

"No! I won't!" I said. The crowd was surprised with what is happening.

"Kai, don't touch her," Taehyung said calmly but toughly and held my other wrist. "What do you care? I'm her boyfriend!" Kai shouted.

"Did you know that this guy is a f*ckin' scholar?!" Kai shouted to everyone. Everyone was shocked. Taehyung and I have kept that for years so how did he knew that?

Maybe the President told him! Sh*t!

"Kai! WILL YOU PLEASE STOP?" I yelled at him. His eyebrows wrinkled.

"That f*cking guy you kissed is a SCHOLAR?" someone said at the crowd. Everyone's eyes are on me right now.

"THROW AT HIM!" Again, someone said at the crowd and they began throwing Taehyung. But this time with rocks. F*ck!

Taehyung let go my arms that holding him because of the weight of the rocks that's thrown at him. I know it's extremely painful.

"STOP! KAI, STOP THEM!" I said but Kai is just smirking at Taehyung who already sat at the ground because of the rocks thrown at him. He is covering his head and he is screaming endlessly.

"STOP! THIS IS AN ORDER FROM THE QUEEN!" I yelled and surprisingly they stopped. I harshly removed Kai's hand on my wrist and ran towards Taehyung who's bleeding.

"TAEHYUNG!" I said, I can't stop from crying. I looked at his face full of bruises and his hands bleeding. He is not crying but I know he's really hurt.

"GO ASIDE JENNIE! If you didn't, we'll throw rocks at you too!" The crowd shouted. I don't want to be thrown at but I also don't want to leave Taehyung.

"Just leave, now. But don't ever trust Kai again," his husky voice sent shivers on me.

"Taehyung....." I can't stop from crying. He wiped my tears gently, "Just go. Don't go with Kai."

I ran away as they throw Taehyung. My tears are mixing with the egg whites on my face. Kai held my arm, "Let's go."

"No!" I shouted but Kai even make his grip tighter. "If you refuse again, I'll leave you here."

I promised Taehyung to not go with Kai but I still did. As we run away, I looked back at Taehyung who's looking at us, teary-eyed. I know the rocks didn't make him cry but it's because of me, holding Kai's hand.

For countless times, Taehyung saved me even if he will be harmed. I look so selfish but still... I'm very thankful.

Thank you Taehyung. Thank you, my savior.

*******************

A/N: I rushed this chapter but I still hope you like it. Did you like my new cover?

Ps. This story will end up to 35 chapters only and then there's book 2.

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH HUHU 😘😭