Chapter 7: The Ball of the Parvenus Pt. 2

I was about to approach her when I saw her talking to someone

I was about to approach her when I saw her talking to someone... which is Kai.

She ran towards me, "Taehyung! Let's go?" She said but I still can't move. I know that Kai is her crush and this is the moment that I am scared of, that Jennie will be close enough to Kai to the point that she forgets me already. I know that I am exaggerating but I don't know, I just feel that this will happen in the future. Uh, never mind.

She held my hand as we walk towards the entrance. "Welcome to the Ball of the Parvenus! Let us enjoy and give your most romantic dance, let's go!" the emcee said and he played "Lady in Red" by Chris de Burgh.

Jennie placed her right hand on my shoulder, "Let's start dancing Mr. handsome," she said while chuckling.

I placed my left hand on her waist, "Let's start dancing Ms. ugly," I said and he hit my shoulder. We chuckled, "No I'm just joking, let's dance Ms. beautiful shall we?" I said as I held her left hand tight.

"Yes."

🎶I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight
I've never seen you shine so bright
I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance🎶

🎶They're looking for a little romance, given half a chance
And I have never seen that dress you're wearing
Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes, I have been blind🎶

🎶The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek
There's nobody here, it's just you and me
It's where I want to be
But I hardly know this beauty by my side
I'll never forget the way you look tonight🎶

I can't believe I will have a dance with my best friend/crush.

***

Jennie's Point of View

Me and Taehyung are still dancing eye to eye. I don't know why but I feel so comfortable with him, I think it's because I've known him for a long time.

Taehyung really suits being a king. He's a gentleman, kind, intelligent, good looking and has leadership. I will be shocked if he's not the king.

"Okay so the romantic dance is done! Let's now relax while eating the foods in the right corner. You can also take pictures. Enjoy because the announcement of the new queen and king is at 9 in the evening!" The emcee happily said as he stopped the music. We went towards Jisoo and Jin.

"Hey, let's take a picture!" Jisoo said. I approached Nayeon and said that we should take a picture together with Taehyung, Jisoo and Jin. We asked a waiter to take a picture of us.

"Okay three, two, on—"

The picture didn't went on because the President arrived at the venue. "Kim Jennie, you should have my daughter and her boyfriend also in the picture right?" he said while smiling.

AWKWARD. Well he really wants me and Irene to be friends huh? Heck no.

"It's okay, it's just a picture. Let's go?" I said while faking a smile. It's hard because the President is my father's friend and her daughter is my enemy. "I have to go," Jin said. I know Jin and Kai are enemies that's why the last time I said that I like Kai he was shocked. Taehyung was also shocked for an unknown reason. Now that leaves me, Taehyung, Nayeon, Jisoo, Kai and Irene.

"Okay three, two, one," Click!

"Okay, I hope all of you enjoyed this night because I will now announce the school's new queen and king," the President said and the crowd cheered except for Irene

"Okay, I hope all of you enjoyed this night because I will now announce the school's new queen and king," the President said and the crowd cheered except for Irene. Pathetic.

"The new queen is...."

"Kim Jennie!" The crowd cheered. All I can feel is happiness, now I can change the nonsense rules of our school. I saw Irene and she's really mad.

I came to the stage and shake handed with the President. "Now let us announce the new king....."

No doubt, it's Taehyung. I looked at him and he's smiling but I can still sense that he's nervous.

"This means that the new king will be ms. Kim Jennie's boyfriend because they should always be together," the President said. Wait so that means if Taehyung will be the King he will be my boyfriend? Well it's okay for me, he's my best friend after all.

"The new king is....."

Taehyung! Taehyung! Taehyung! Taehyung!

"The new king is Kim Jong-In!"

WHAT!? Kai is the new king?!

********************

A/N: Thank you for the support! We are so close to 100 reads hahaha😍🤣 Lemme know if you hate JenKai by commenting because I do. Hahaha! I don't hate Kai nor Jennie (I love Jennie) but I just don't want them to be together.

And also Parvenu /ˈpɑːvənuː,ˈpɑːvənjuː/ is a Latin word that means wealthy or rich. That's why the school is called "Parvenu University" only Parvenus can enroll but they accept scholars. Crazy right?😝And I'm sorry the definition was late, I forgot to put it in the very beginning.

Let me know your thoughts on what 'secrets' will reveal and your thought on Kai being the new king, does he fit it? Or Taehyung is better? And also is he really kind? Or just pretending to be kind? Just comment, it means a lot to me haha.💖

Featured Song: Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.
THANK YOU