5

When we arrived at the pack house there were some children and adults in their pajamas. There were so many cars that Brandon couldn't park his bike in the garage. Alpha Taylor and his wife greeted us at the door.

"Annabelle how are you feeling. Does your head hurt? Come in out of the cold." Mrs. Taylor said

"I'm fine thank you Mrs. Taylor."

"Welcome, please come in, the meeting is about to start." Alpha Taylor said.

"Thank you."

"Anna why don't you go check up on Jacob in the medical room down the hall, I'll find you later okay." Brandon told me. Alpha Taylor looked into Brandon's eyes and said, "We need to talk."

As I walked down the hall I felt really nervous. I don't know why. I stopped at the front of the door of the medical room. I slowly opened the door. I could see that Jacob was asleep. I went up to him and sat down on the chair that was next to his bed. I didn't know if he could hear me but I needed to tell him about me and Brandon. I just didn't know how to start.

"Jacob, are you okay how do you feel?" He was asleep he didn't wake up. I took a deep breath in and let it go. "I went on a date today, with my mate. It's Brandon. He's really sweet. And he took me to the ice cream place where dad used to take me. We went to the movies and to the park. When you wake up I'll give you the details. I don't want to repeat myself again."

"Are you okay Annabelle." Lauren came was at the door.

"Yhea I'm fine."

"Jacob is going to be okay. He fell asleep a few hours ago before Janice gave him one of her famous herbal teas. Let him rest.We need to get to the meeting."

"I'll wait here you can fill me in later."

"Okay suit yourself."

I was left alone in silence with my brother the only one in my family who understood me. The one I tell everything to. The only person I can truly trust with my life. I was deep in thought when I heard a knock on the door. It startled me.

"Anna, are you Okay." What's up with every one asking if I was okay? I'm not going to break into a billion pieces at any second.

"Yes."

"Would you please join me at the meeting? Only for a little bit and then we can both come back up."

"Yes." I couldn't say no to Brandon. "Just don't tell anyone about us yet. Please it's not time yet.''

He didn't say anything he just nodded a yes.

We walked down the hall hand in hand. Before entering the living room Brandon raised our intertwined hands and he kissed the back of my hand and let go. "After you." He said.