CHAPTER ELEVEN

Beginne am Anfang

It was so much to do before the auditions were going to happen. I got started on making copies of the scripts that I had inside of my folder. I felt like it was my fifth script that I copied as I hoped that I had enough ink to print all these papers out.

As I let the papers print, I had to get the keys to go into the storage room to get more paper for the printer and I put it in the printer going back over to the desk, turning on the computer so that I can start on my next task being to check the emails. There were so many emails as I viewed the first one, noticing it was a submission for a screenplay.

Whether it was a good screenplay or not, Mr. McKnight didn't care until they signed the release form, own all their rights, following the rules that were suggested to follow on the company's website. So, I professionally replied to the email telling the writer to get an agent, sign the release form since the company doesn't accept unsolicited scripts and send it to us with their one-page synopsis as well as reading the company's rules on the website.

I ended it by adding the company's address, P.O. Box address, email address, and phone number.

I had to do that for a lot of writers and replied to many of emails to actors and actress's agents regarding the movie auditions explaining that we, the production company, would inform them when the auditions are over and give them a call to tell them that they were cast or not.

As I finished reading and checking the emails, I went over to the printer to see if the scripts were finished printing and it was, so I gathered all the papers together going to the desk to slide them all into the folder before getting started on printing the timesheets that were going to take some time so I decided to keep doing tasks at the same time is to make phone calls.

I checked the list of numbers on the sheet that was presented in front of me, scanning the sheet; I dialed the first number on the list and waited patiently for the person on the other line to answer. We discussed the movie locations, the budget, what the company will be able to shoot at, the prices of the places in LA to shoot at, and so much more as I also called others.

I wrote down everything that we discussed in case I missed anything else so that I could show Mr. McKnight and the production crew. Moving on to my next task, I checked on the papers being printed that were done and got ready to set the room up for the auditions. As I took the papers out of the printer, I took out the ink that was used and added in the other one as I heard the phone ringing so I rushed over the phone picking it up and answered it.

"Hello, Breanna Davidson of Freedream Film Productions speaking, can I help you?"

"Hi Breanna, I'm calling to ask when does the company want the movie equipment?" The person on the line queried.

"We're still in the process of movie auditions, so I'll make sure to let Mr. McKnight call you soon as we're finalizing everything from the auditions." I said, "But, can I have your name and number sir?"

He told me his name was Reginald Parker and gave me both his personal and company number that I wrote down neatly on a paper before he told me to have a good day.

"You too, sir," I said, ending the phone call.

I continued to the computer, gathering all the papers together. I began to print the contracts to hand out to everyone in the meeting. Once I completed that, I had everything together in the folder and moved to the auditions room to set it up for the auditions.

I made sure to put the papers and pens in the middle of the table including mini iPads as I trailed off to the break room to retrieve the water bottles and fruit to have in the auditions room on the countertop. I turned on the projector, along with the microphone. Once I made that I completed the setup, I rushed over to my desk to get my folder to take to Mr. McKnight's office.