Chapter 22.

"A band, honey? That's... interesting." Marilyn says over the phone. I just told her the news. She's attempting to sound encouraging, but the tone in her voice is telling me otherwise.

"Jonathan, the leader of the band, he lives by the island. South Padre mom, isn't that cool? He told me that the band has gigs in bars and sometimes they all travel around."

"Honey, do you think this is a good idea?"

'Here she goes.'

"You barely got out of Timberlawn and already you want to start a life as a bar singer? What about school, didn't you want to finish it officially?"

"I graduated so that's out of the picture. Now with my new job I'll save up some money to buy a small apartment by the beach, won't that be nice?"

"What about Hunter?"

"What about him Marilyn?"

"Are you with him or not?"

"I'm with him and I love him." I say looking down at his sleeping self, cuddling beside me on the bed.

"What will he think of you moving away?"

"He's going to be in college."

"What about you? Didn't you want to go to college also, start a life on your own. Not some dream that might not even happen."

"Dream? I never said I wanted to be famous, did I? I'm just happy I'm getting to do what I love the most."

"And college?"

"That's out of the picture."

"There's no point in arguing with you Ronnie, you're the most stubborn person I know."

"Mom, can you do me a small favor?"

"Yes."

"In the pocket of my suitcase there's a piece of paper, it has the numbers of my friends Alicia and Andrew can you text them to me. I want to give them a call later."

"Okay, honey."

"See you later, Marilyn, love you."

"Love you too, Ronnie."

As soon as I hang up I immediately go back to hugging my handsome boyfriend.

"Your talking woke me up." Hunter mumbles into my neck, placing light kisses in the process.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Let's change so we can go get breakfast and afterwards we can go swimming in the lake. Does that sound good?"

"It sounds perfect if you're there with me."

"I'll be by your side the whole time."

~~~~~~

All of us, including Ivan and Ellie, are at the dining hall that belongs to this beautiful campground.

As Hunter was about to speak to me I notice Jonathan and his fiance walk in. They both make their way to us hand in hand.

"Can we sit here?" He asks.

"Sure."

"Ivan, Ellie this is Jonathan the guy who I told you about, with his fiance..."

"Miranda." She answers.

"Jonathan, Miranda this is my big brother with his girlfriend."

They start talking amongst themselves so I take the time to go back into conversation with my boyfriend.