Chapter 13.

Few days later.

'Kill yourself.' The scary voice in my head says.

"No." I mumble sleepily.

'You had all those opportunities to do it. Kill yourself. Do it now!'

"No!"

An aching pain appears in my head.

'Do it now Veronica!'

"No!" I burst awake, breathing hardly and sweating.

I turn on my lamp. Alicia is looking at me with a frightened expression.

"I'm sorry." I mumble.

"Why did you scream?" She asks innocently.

"Scary dreams." I answer.

That was the first time since I've been here that I heard that scary voice .

Alicia gets up to open an unopened water bottle.

"Drink up, you looked perched."

"Thanks." I mumble taking it from her.

I quickly drink the whole bottle not realizing I was super thirsty.

"We should get ready the morning bell is going to ring any minute."

I get up, set my bed just like Alicia likes.

The bell goes off.

I've been getting tired and bored, dealing with the same routine every day, but today I was a bit excited because it's the weekend which means two days of nothing but a whole day filled with activities. My day was going to be spent in the music room. I really missed playing the guitar.

After eating breakfast with Andrew and Alicia we wait in line for our crazy pills then I quickly made my way to the music room.

I gasp loudly as I enter the room. There's drums, microphones, pianos. Anything that had to do with music you found it in this room.

What really caught my attention was the all black acoustic guitar in the corner. It looks like the one that belongs to Hunter.

I go over to it and pick it up as if it were my own child.

The weird thing about the guitar was that it even has the same scratch on the back like the one on Hunters.

When I strum it, I smile because I've really missed playing this instrument. This one really reminds me of Hunter.

The other people are playing their instruments, but I drain them out and start playing 'The Scientist' the first song Hunter ever played for me.

When I finish I feel tears on my face I didn't realize I had.

"He also left this note." I hear Krystal say from behind me.

"What?"

"Your boyfriend, he came hoping he could have visit, but we don't allow visitations, so he left that beautiful guitar with a note."

"Hunter left this? Where's the note?!" I ask excitedly.

She pulls out a folded paper from her blazer pocket. I snatch it quickly away from her hand.

"Manners, Veronica." She scolds.

I roll my eyes then turn back to face the wall. I open the letter. There were three pictures. The first one was of Hunter and I, we were both playing the guitar, a picture Ivan managed to take while we weren't looking. I start crying lightly as I look at the other picture. It was one of my dad and I, he was holding my 6 year old self over his shoulders, I was making a silly face while he just smiled that smile that made me feel okay. The last picture was of my whole family. My mom is smiling her beautiful smile, Ivan is not a serious person so he ended up making a silly face, dad had his arm around mom and his hand on mine with a huge smile on his face, without a care in the world.