Chapter 12.

"Why are you so quiet Ronnie?" Andrew asks, seeing as I was making no effort into talking to him, I was too busy listening to the soothing voice of Frank Sinatra.

"Ronnie are you in there?" He asks, waving his hand in my face.

"Leave me alone." I mutter.

"Thank the gods! She speaks!" He exclaims, dramatically.

I roll my eyes, turning the volume of the stereo a bit louder.

"I see you have the famous blue bracelets." Andrew states, pointing to my wrist.

"Yeah, so?"

He raises his arms showing me three bracelets in each wrist.

"You too?" I ask referring to the cutting.

"Yes and other people too."

"What do you mean?"

"Look around the room. A lot of us have the blue bracelets"

Most of the people here had them on.

"This place is killing me. I have to get out." Andrew mumbles, the tone in his voice changing.

I look back at him, he's looking down, messing with his bracelets. I take his shaking hand in mine to comfort him. He looks back up at me, holding my hand tightly.

"I've been here for a year, Ronnie. Not once has my family or friends sent me a letter."

"Andrew..."

"I hate it here. I've tried killing myself, but I always get caught. They should just let me die, this place hasn't helped me out in any way."

"Andrew, I wish there was something I could tell you, but there isn't, just know if you ever need someone to talk to I'll be more than willing to hear you out. I'll listen to everything you have to say. I promise because I can see you're broken like me and I want to help you out." He smiles lightly at me.

"Can I hug you?" He asks.

"Of course."

He immediately pulls me into his arms.

"I haven't felt a hug in a long time." He whispers in my ear.

"No hugging you two!" A security shouts at us.

"Asshole." Andrew mutters, looking at the fat security guard sitting on a chair.

"Who's your roommate?" He asks.

I look for Alicia. She was sitting on a chair playing with a deck of cards, probably setting them in order.

"Her." I point to Alicia.

"Little Ms. Clean freak?" He chuckles.

"Don't call her a freak. She can't help it she's like that."

"True, sorry."

"Don't tell me sorry. You be a man and go tell her in her face."

"What?"

"Get up and go tell her you said something behind her back then apologize."

"I'm not going."

"Then I guess I'll go for you."

"Wait! I'll go."

He gets up making his way to her. When he reaches her he touches her shoulder to get her attention, but she slaps his hand away.

She glared at him the whole time they spoke. Suddenly  a small smile appears on her face as she looks down blushing.

"What did you tell her?" I ask as Andrew sits back next to me.