Chapter 6.

Next day at the cemetery.

We all brought our gifts for dad. Marilyn got him a bouquet of flowers and an Elvis Presley teddy bear, since that was his favorite singer. Ivan brought him a picture of all of us together and the winning football signed with condolences from the teammates.

Mom and Ivan are sitting with me, watching me play my guitar, singing his song. It's when I finished that I noticed the tears on my face also Marilyn and Ivan had tears on their face too.

If only I listened to dad and went to my room like he told me to. We wouldn't be here sitting by his grave, crying because he's gone forever.

Mom and Ivan hug me, telling me I did good. They told me if dad were alive, he would be proud that I stepped out of my comfort to sing him a song.

I started feeling uncomfortable.

"Mom, can we go home?"

"Yes."

I turned one last time to look at dad's grave.

"I love and miss you dad." I whisper, wiping the tears off my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I started feeling that feeling. The one where I feel like I'm stuck in a dark cave with nowhere to go. I just wanted to get home, climb in bed, cry, and fall asleep.

When we arrive at our house Hunter's sitting on the front porch steps with a bouquet of flowers and a guitar case.

"How romantic, I think he likes you." Moms says.

"No, he doesn't. He feels pity for me because I'm crazy."

As we get off the car Hunter gets up also.

"Hello, Marilyn." He greets my mom.

"Hello, Hunter. You're here for Ronnie I assume."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good, she needs at least one friend in her life besides Ivan and I."

"Marilyn leave us alone."

"I'm your mother, Ronnie."

"Whatever." I mumble going inside the house, making my to my room with Hunter following right behind me the whole time.

"I heard today's the day of your dad's passing so I brought these flowers to cheer you up."

They were beautiful sunflowers in a beautiful glass vase.

"Thanks, Hunter."

I take them from him and place it on my night stand, by the picture of dad and I.

"I also bought my guitar so we can play together. Do you want to?"

"I'm feeling a bit under the weather Hunter." I say laying face down on my bed, hiding my face in the pillow.

My sudden mood changes make me want to start crying so that's exactly what I did.

"Ronnie, are you okay?" Hunter asks.

"No! I killed my own father." I cry out loud.

He gets on my bed and starts rubbing my back, trying to comfort me.

"Don't touch me!"

"What's wrong?" I hear my mom ask.

"She thinks she killed her father." Hunter tells her.

"Baby, you didn't kill him, it was those terrible men that did."

"If I listened to him and went to my room like he told me to, he would've still been here with us."