Two.

"True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable."
~David Tyson

Ken came back later that day to drop off their dinner, but he didn't stay too long. During the meal they held an uncomfortable silence, as tense as the muscles in his body.

He couldn't stand it, he couldn't stand them.

He woke up the next morning with a migraine on the left side of his head, which made him wonder if heartbreak was detrimental to his health.

"Ohayo Kentai." His father greeted him a good morning as he trailed slowly down the stairs, still in his sleep wear. "Ohayo Tou-san."

Good morning father, a standard Japanese way to greet his father.

He had spent a good amount of time in Japan to be able to pick up the language and the culture, even though he wasn't born there. He had spent a good six years there, since he was ten, only coming back in his seventeenth year.

His father too was pretty fluent in English, having spent a good amount of his life with Mrs Rai. Ken's mother spoke Japanese too, but not as fluently as Ken did.

"The Mafia's father called today to threaten me. He threatened to take my life if I as much as touch a single hair on his head, and the girl's father said the same thing too. They know I have them, but they haven't a clue of where I am. We have them where we want them son, it's time to carry out our plan." Mr Rai informed his son as said boy sat across him, placing a bowl of cereal on the dining table before sitting.

"Great." Ken mumbled, placing his forehead in his palm as his elbow stayed rested on the dining table. Ken wasn't in the mood to talk about the two, lately they were the only things he thought about. His world revolved around those two, they were the most important part of his life.

And that was just, awesome.

"What is it? Is there a problem?" His father questioned, closing his laptop and giving his son his undivided attention. "No Tou-san, I'm just not feeling well today. I think you should see the state of the two first, before making any further decisions."

"Very well then. I'll follow you to give them their breakfast." The father stood, carrying his laptop and vacating the premises. Ken sighed and finished off his breakfast, heading back up to his room.

He entered the adjoining bathroom and washed himself, dressing in simple grey sweatpants and a loose fitting baby blue t-shirt.

He slowly made his way to the kitchen where their meals were always prepared on schedule, Grace and Shawn were only allowed to eat after ten thirty.

"Morning Riri." Ken greeted his cousin, walking past her to collect the tray of food. "You know, you still haven't let me see Grace. She's an idiot and I don't care about her, but I still want to see her." Ken snickered at Riley's statement.

She acted as though she didn't care about people, but he knew that she cared deeply for Grace and would definitely want to make sure that she was okay.

"Tou-san is escorting me so he can see them, you can come along as well if you want." Ken suggested, making the older female smile brightly.

"Sure." She chirped, taking the tray from him and following as he led the way to his father's quarters. He knocked gingerly on the door, waiting for his father to exit the room.

After a few seconds of waiting, Yoshida opened the door and slowly followed after Ken as said kid led the way to the holding facilities. Upon arriving, Ken placed his hand on the biometric scanner and unlocked the door, allowing his father and cousin into the room.