1:

Authors note: Special thanks to my friend  @TheHardie-Boy 

for editing and being so supportive, without them this would still be a mess.

Go check them out, read their story: Ducktales: Biggest regret, it's amazing.

Also this story takes place in the same universe as 'Hold on', However, you don't have to read it in order to understand this one.

________________________________________

"I want to hide the truth, I want to shelter you....

But with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide".

~Imagine Dragons.

-

-

-

"I watched your brothers blink out of existence because you wanted a shortcut to riches".

"But I said I was sorry".

"You took off on that contraption without thinking of the consequences or the people you would hurt!"

"Wonder who I got that from".

"See here young man-"

"Your little scheme to bypass the present almost cost us our future. This stops now! You are grounded! No schemes, no treasures, and Louie incorporated is done! Understand?"

"Look, let me clean up, okay? Uncle Scrooge? Mrs. B? Come on!"

"To your room!"

"Stupid perfect scheme..."

As soon as he'd climbed the stairs enough for Della not to see him, Louie started running. He knew it was coming, it was a matter of time. Ever since she got here, he'd been on the verge of one of these. He slammed the door and dramatically slid down on his back like in the movies. He had to calm down. This is stupid, he's so stupid!

"You took off on that contraption without thinking of the consequences or the people you would hurt!"

"Wonder who I got that from".

He couldn't see due to his tears. He was a little proud of himself for not crying in front of Della. Boy, that would've changed the situation drastically.

Scrooge and Beakley sided with Della, how could they after all she did?

But how could they not after all he did?

Huey and Dewey had been starstruck by her arrival they'd do the same.

And honestly Donald would probably take her side too.

He felt lightheaded. She was right, he shouldn't have stolen the time tub, and he knew that from the start. He wished he'd never done it, wished he could go back in time and stop himself. But for that to be possible, he'd have to steal the time tub again, and that wouldn't help the situation any.

"She doesn't love you anymore-"

Wait where did that thought come from?

He started shaking

"She hates you!"

"No, she doesn't".

"Yes, she does."

"She....what?"

"You disappointed her."

"But I-I didn't mean to"

"She hates you."

"She wishes you were never hatched".

"She has better sons."

"Better then you."

"Any son would be better then you."

"You almost killed her."

"Donald will hate you too when she tells him."

He wished he could stop thinking this way, he really does. But it's probably true.

He pulled out his phone and earpods and just listened to music for a second... drown out the thoughts...

"But I really am sorry....."

"We hugged and everything......"

How can he forgive her when she can't forgive him?

___________________________

Della:

"Maybe I should apologize..."

"You did the right thing Della."

"Then why do I feel bad?"

"Because you love your kid, it's natural. But I promise you, everything will be alright."

"So what do I do now?"

"Give him time to calm down, then talk to him"She advised.

"Where do I even start?"

"You'll know when the time is right. I'll get started on dinner."

Della thought about it. It had been half an hour, he should be calm by now, right? She started walking up the stairs but couldn't bring herself to...

"Wonder where I got that from..."

What will she say to him? She doesn't have any experience.

"I've gone so long without a mom, I guess I don't really know how to have one..."

She wanted to be on good terms with Louie, she wanted a good relationship with her son, but could she do that and be a good parent? Just like how Louie didn't know how to have a mom, Della didn't know how to be one.

She thought about it again... maybe it would be best to let him come to her...

Louie:

When he finally calmed down a little more, Louie ran to his desk and grabbed his notebook, his blueprints, his ideas, his signs, everything having to do with Louie Inc. and ripped them to shreds out of anger.

Louie Inc. is banned...

Seeing the destroyed, shredded trash made him think two things:

What kind of mother would make her son want to destroy his own dreams?

He didn't want to think about it anymore.

He didn't really sleep well that night, he just wanted it to be all over..

When Dewey and Huey came in to give him dinner, he just decided to pretend to be asleep.

He wasn't really hungry anyway.