" We need to understand the boy" GrandPa Julius said as Khalid slammed his door shut. " Dad is right Zainab" Papa Brandon added. " He needs to find it in his heart to forgive his father, we can't continue like this, he is still his father" He really was his father. No one could change that. " But he made you go through hell, I still don't understand why you didn't put him in Jail for abuse, I am with Khalid on this one, why?" Papa Brandon asked Mama Zainab. " I don't need to be judged because I forgave David, It was the best thing I could do. I forgot about the pain totally and that is what Khalid needs to do, he needs to forgive him"  I understood where everyone here was coming from. Mama Zainab was right. " For now, all we need to do is to talk to the police to give Khalid's father a restraining order" Sophia finally spoke up.  " We'll do that" Papa Brandon said. I couldn't leave Khalid alone. " Faryah, are you okay?" Mama Zainab asked as she came closer to me and I nodded. " He didn't mean to do. it" I answered and she smiled before hugging me tight. " Thank you" she whispered into my ear before letting me go. I smiled at her as she walked up the stairs with Brandon.

I walked up the stairs to Khalid's room. I contemplated on knocking or just going and I found myself knocking on his door. " Go away" I heard him say from inside. It wasn't safe to leave him all alone in his bedroom. I turned the door knob and saw it wasn't locked, so I opened the door and walked in. " Hey" I called as I slowly locked the door from behind me. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with his head buried in his palms. I walked over and sat beside him. He needed someone by his side even though he was angry. " Did I really hurt you?" He asked as he removed his face from his palms. " You didn't" I answered as I stared at my skirt. " Your headache came back because I pushed you to the ground, I'm sorry" He said softly. " It's okay, I understand you" I answered and carefully comforted my head on his shoulder. He put my tiny hand in his large hand, just like on our wedding day and intertwined them. " I love you so much" He said and I looked at the blood on his knuckles. " You're hurt" I said as I rose my head up from his shoulder. " It's just blood, I'm not hurt" He answered and smiled at me. " Where's your First aid kit?" I asked as I let go of his hold. " In the bathroom, second shelf above the mirror"   He answered as I headed towards his bathroom and got the kit. I only needed cotton wool and methylated spirit.

" Let me see your hands" I ordered and watched him obey me. He placed his hands on my thighs and I slowly cleaned the blood stains from them. " You almost killed him" I began. " He deserves to rot in hell, he deserves more than death, he maltreated my mother" He answered. " I was just a baby when he always beat my mother every night for six years, Faryah six years of my life I watched him maltreat her, It destroyed me Faryah. I even wonder why he is my Father" He said as I dropped the stained cotton wool in a small plate. " You wouldn't have been born without him, I get it you're angry, but learn how to control it, you really need to learn how to control your anger. It won't do you much good" I replied and packed up the first aid kit. I was done with him. " I don't know how to" he answered as I kept the kit aside. " How did you have friends back in your school days?" I asked as I intertwined our hands.

" Making friends was hard for me. Back then, I was feared by all the people I attended school with, I only had a few but I lost them eventually. I was feared because of the way I beat people if they touched my siblings. I didn't take shit from anyone" He said as he placed my head on his shoulder and moved closer to me. He was traumatised, he couldn't get over it. I am sure he didn't seek medical assistance for it. " It was only Ethan I had and I am grateful" He added and I sighed. " It's okay, you'll overcome it, I know you can" I said and I felt him smile. " I'm glad you came into my life" I was too. " Me too" I answered and smiled widely.

" Khalid, your father, what's his full name?" I asked as we stayed comfortably in our positions. " David Myles, or Salman Myles" he was a Muslim?. " Salman?" I asked again. " he goes by that at times, most people call him David, but why are you asking?" I was going to find him and talk to him. I really hoped he could be of good help to me in finding my real parents. I hoped he wasn't going to deny me when I found him. " I was just curious I guess" I answered. " Even if I try bringing myself to forgive him, I just can't. I can't face him without raging out. I've tried but I just can't, It doesn't look hard to do but deep down Faryah it is" He added again. I used my right hand to slowly caress his back. " I understand and I'm willing to help you, it is possible that your father has changed and that he wants to make amends, you just have to calm yourself and have a heart to heart talk with him" Maybe I was right. Everyone deserved a second chance, we had to forgive and forget. Who were we not to that when Allah always did. Even if he does confess to me that he did what he did to me, I was going to forgive him and he was going to have to tell me who my Parents were. If I told Khalid about all this, he was going to harm himself more.