Chapter 1: Well Come On, Don't Just Stand There!

Chapter One: Well Come On, Don't Just Stand There!

QOTC: When you start seeing your worth, you'll find it harder to stay around people who don't.

Jam out to Fun And Exciting Background Music while your reading to set the mood.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

2 YEARS LATER

Frozen in shock, I stood outside the colossal building that towered above my head. It was giant, it's grey dull walls speckled with broad windows here and there. I couldn't believe this was going to be my home for the next 2 years.

I wasn't sure whether to feel excited or nervous, more a mixture of both. I was finally chasing that dream I'd had since I was 14, becoming an FBI agent. I really hadn't expected to be accepted, not at all. I remembered what events led me here and I let out a small chuckle.

Delirious and heartbroken after my tragic breakup with Jason, I'd got seriously drunk and done a lot of stupid things. It was 2am and I was crying, I was watching a sad romance film, it was terrible but it was I too much of a bad state to care.

Suddenly, a flip switched in me. What the hell was I doing, pining after Jason? Get a grip Sara. He's not worth it, he's the one missing out.

I grabbed my laptop, frantically entering password after password. I was very cuber safe. I opened up a browser and typed in 'FBI training', after scrolling through the links,I found a fairly close FBI school.

I filled out their application form and hoped for the best. I did this all while hopelessly drunk.

"Hey there." the voice came from my right, it sounded so much like Jason. I could picture him with his- no don't go there.

I swiftly turned around, curious at the source of the sound.

My feet were frozen to the spot. I blinked a couple of times. This can't be real. Is this the universe trying to tell me something?

Light brown hair with tints of blond, curly and lustrous, was gelled into that natural-hair-style-that-really-took-them-2-hours-to-perfect. He had these cold blue eyes, swirling with tints of green, that made me weak in the knees. They look like they had held a lot of pain and secrets.

Don't get me started on his broad shoulders... or his visible muscles underneath that jacket.

Wait maybe that was just my imagination.

"You okay there?" he glanced at me with concern, his mouth frowning at the corners.

"Yeah I'm... I'm fine." I pretended to look for something in my bag, I felt my cheeks burning and I knew they had gone a profound shade of pink.

"I'm Ace. And you are?" he held out his hand, expecting me to shake it. I wasn't really one for psychical contact so I looked up at him and smiled.

"Sara." I turned my back to him and leaned down to retrieve my handbag which had somehow fallen off my shoulder.

I whirled around to face him again. He'd taken a couple of steps forward and now he was right up close.

I noticed his nose, speckled with freckles and the way his cheeks crinkled at the corners when he smiled.

I took a couple of steps backward. The air was thick and heavy in my lungs as I tried to breathe normally.

"You know I better get going- I need to uh get to my dorm and well-" I pointed my finger vaguely backwards, something I would sincerely regret later on.