Prologue (Part 2): This Isn't Fair

Start from the beginning

"Jason please. Don't do this to me. I don't care how many women you have slept with or how many affairs you've had. I just care about us. You remember us?" I closed my eyes as all the memories flooded back.

It was June, and I had just come back from an intense day at school. I was sitting on a bench, my eyes closed, bathing in the warm rays of the sun. My thoughts were clouded with thoughts of him. I had never got his name. I'd met him in a club (illegal ID's were a God-send) after a couple of Tequila shots things got a little hazy, but we had danced. I remembered the feel of his hands on my hips and I sighed. I'd never feel those hands again.

"Uhm excuse me?" I opened my eyes at the voice slicing through my nostalgia and froze in shock.

No... it couldn't be him. But he was everything I'd r emembered. The green eyes several tones darker than mine, the seducing smile that made his dimples look heavly. And his muscles. He was wearing a flimsy shirt and a loose pair of black jeans. Realising I was staring way too much, I tore my gaze back to those eyes.

"You look really familiar, do I know you?" he smiled and my heart melted again.

I think he'd has a couple too many Tequila shots as well.

"I don't think so." I looked up at him shyly and he laughed. It was such a natural, beautiful sound that my heart practically jumped out of my chest.

"Well, I do now."

That was how I met Jason, and from then on we fell in love.

I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, then another memory assaulted me-

I woke up and yawned. I had to go to school- Wait! It was a Saturday! I sighed in happiness and pulled the covers over my head. There was nothing quite like waking up on a Saturday, thinking you had to survive hours of lectures and boredom and then blissfully remembering you could go back to sleep!

"Morning, sleepyhead." I heard his deep, rich voice before I saw him. My mum would kill me if she knew he'd slept over but some things were worth risking being grounded for.

"Just a couple more minutes..." my voice came out muffled because of the covers.

I felt a blast of cold air, I shivered as goosebumps erupted all over my exposed skin. I glared up at Jason, irritated. He leaned over and tickled me and I giggled, after he'd finally stopped he kissed me on the forehead.

"I better go... call me yeah?" Just as he was about to leave, he held onto the edge of the window and stared at me. I saw him smiling, his cheeky grin that was everything I loved about him and more.

Jason reached over and cupped my face, wiping away the tears.

"Don't make this any harder than it is. You deserve so much better, I won't be able to live with myself if I take away any chances  of you finding a guy that really deserves you."

I felt pure anger. I had gone past the point of desparing for my =self. I just wanted to lash out.

I slapped him.

"Don't you dare! Do you think this is fair to me? Do you think it is fair to just leave me on what was meant to be our special day?  THIS ISN'T FAIR. Don't feed me all the bull crap about me "deserving better."Just stop being so bloomin' noble!" I yelled at him.

I'd lost all control, words flying out my mouth before I could filter them.

Blinded by my fury, I saw red. My heart was racing with as numerous emotions crashed into me and there was nothing that would be able to calm me down at this moment.

I saw his hand reach for the button that would destroy me. 

"Don't you dare shut this window on me!"

Before I could stop him, there was glass between us. I smashed my fist against it repeatedly, knowing it was hopeless. Tears rolled down his cheeks as his eyes locked with mine: shooting me one last look of regret, then he hit his foot on the accelerator and he was-

Gone.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope none of you fell in love with Jason because it was a very short-lived romance

I hope none of you fell in love with Jason because it was a very short-lived romance. Ooops, sorry not sorry. You'll thank me later though, I promise!

Vote, comment and follow if you're enjoying the story so far (and if you're not) but try reading as well, because that is super important to me too ;)

Lotsa love,

Autumn ❤️