Chapter 6: Poison

Start from the beginning

But before she even speaks.

"Wow, now I get why the interior of this hotel is top-notch. You're very keen even on the smallest details Mr. Jang. I guess I was too obvious hahaha, I was trying to be mysterious as I can, they say it attracts girls. But it looks like I'm not really good at hiding my secrets. Hahaha." Lisa laughed scratching her nape.

Mr. Jang's face contorted, surprised that the girl she's talking to is into girls despite looking so feminine, and a hot catch to any guy.

While Jieun's eyes widened in shock. Abruptly looking at the girl with narrowed eyes and creased eyebrows. At first, she doesn't believe the gossips coming from the other officers, especially the one coming from Jin-goo thinking the guy is just teasing her.

But the tall girl just admitted it herself. Jieun gulped.

"This girl who bumped you seems gotten infatuated with you."

Jieun remembered what Jin-goo said this morning.

"You're incredibly unpredictable officer Manoban. I think I would very much enjoy your company, let's go have a drink sometime." Mr. Jang said as he patted Lisa's shoulder again, beaming at the latter. "But let's get to the main point. What brings you two here this sudden?", The man now turned his gaze to the girl who's drawn into her own thoughts.

Lisa noticed the girl beside her isn't responding so she nudges the girl on the side with her elbow. Jieun jerk snapping out of her trance. While Mr. Jang's brow raised as he waited for the girl to answer.

"The room, I need to see the room again.", the small girl said with haste.

Mr. Jang's face drastically change as he listened. His smile was gone and it didn't leave unnoticed by the tall girl.

"Of course you may. Like I said before I want this investigation to be done as soon as possible, so I will cooperate. Wait, let me just tell my porters to assist both of you there. Excuse me for a second.", The owner said picking his phone from his pocket and started talking to someone while leaving the two girls on their spot.

"What are you telling him?", Jieun asked Lisa as soon as Mr. Jang left.

The tall girl's eyes narrowed as her head tilt looking confused.

"I thought you're hiding your status?", Jieun asked that surprises the latter.

Lisa grinned. "Are you perhaps getting worried about my privacy?", the girl asked looking cocky.

"That's the last thing I would do."Jieun scoffed. Eyeing the tall girl with disgust.

"I was reckless he already found out so what's the point? Though you're right I'm trying to hide my status. It's just that I don't want people to judge me for choosing this job. And-", Lisa paused looking at Jieun from the side. The girl lifted her head up wondering why Lisa stopped. Their eyes met and for some reason, she instinctively cut their gaze, as she turned her head on the other side soon enough.

"Let's save my life story for some other time. I might think you're being interested to know something about me if you keep listening to me like what you're doing right now.", Lisa said still watching the girl intently.

Jieun sneered. "Don't worry, I'm not interested even the tiniest bit. So don't be delusional."

"Sure. If you say so.", Lisa retorted. Crossing her arms, and pouting.

------

Lisa Pov

It's not even a minute passed, but she already broke my heart there. I thought she's concerned for a bit. This girl really is something.