Lee's expression was beyond judgmental. It only got more so when his mom said, "Are you seeing someone? And you didn't tell me?" He couldn't tell if she sounded more hurt he might be hiding a relationship from her or more excited that he might be in one.

Chris closed his eyes in exasperation. "Mom, this isn't really the time."

"I expect a full explanation when you finally get here."

"Of course." That gave him some hours to come up with a story of how they met. His mother wouldn't be pleased to learn he was swiving their future daughter-in-law before they even met. His mother was so traditional. "I'm going to let you go now. I'll see you tonight, okay?"

"All right, Son. Bring your date along with you, I love you."

She hung up after Chris returned the sentiment. He removed his hand and pointed a finger warningly into Lee's face. "You have the worse timing ever." He brought his hand down, dragging it over Lee's breasts to get her spit off.

"Gross," said Lee. "Was that necessary?"

Chris turned away. "I think so." He retrieved the coffee and, thinking better of it, pushed it at Lee. "Why don't you make that? After how much I thoroughly pleased you last night, I deserve some pampering too, don't I?"

Lee grunted at him but meandered her way to the machine and got to work. "Why don't you make breakfast? she asked. "Since I am your guest and Dominik's friend?"

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell her that we're fucking or she'd have a coronary. My mom's a bit traditional and believe in marriage before sex." He looked in the fridge. "What do you want to eat?"

"What can you make?" The sound of the coffee machine beginning to work its magic filled the kitchen. "And you shouldn't have lied to her. Now you've got to fabricate a whole story."

Chris pulled out eggs and cheese. "I met you when your car broke down, we've known each other two weeks, you were waiting for Dominik in my place because we have a business deal to close with you." He rattled it off without even thinking and paused. "Huh, that could actually work. . ."

"Lies," said Lee, lifting her hips onto the counter. Her bare heels thudded against the lower cabinets. "Make me food." She smiled charmingly at Chris, clearly trying for an I'm so adorable look.

"Demanding," muttered Chris, glancing away. He wasn't willing to admit that Lee was beyond adorable. Her ego didn't need the boost. "Where's the skillet?"

Lee rolled her eyes. "You own this place and you don't know where you keep your utensils?"

"I have someone who comes to clean up twice a week. She's always changing their positions."

"Which means you don't cook often or you'd tell her to keep them in a place."

Lee directed him around the kitchen, not making any move to get up and help. She looked smug, her smile satisfied. She sat on the counter, watching in silence as Chris cracked the eggs and drizzled cheese over the top of them.

Chris took her silence as acceptance of his choice. Because he was a good host, he gave the first batch to her and then started to make his own. "What do you think?" he asked.

She moaned around her mouthful.

Chris couldn't help but smirk, pleased that she liked his cooking.

"I think we should make cookies today," said Lee once she was finished chewing. "Last night I checked your pantry before I went to bed, you've got all the ingredients. I want to take some to your family and Daniel tonight."