Chapter 9: Secret

Start from the beginning

“Let’s go then,” he picked me up in his arms and he flung himself forward in a bolt to reach his little car. He was careful not to jostle me as he placed me into the passenger seat of his car. He didn’t bother to strap me in. He walked around to his side of the car and hopped in.

I laid my head against the cool glass and closed my eyes. I felt his eyes on me for just a second before he started the engine and started to drive. His car was slow, but I was satisfied with the speed at the moment. I knew he needed a new car and I would buy that for him if he let me.

The next thing I knew was Jacob’s lips were at my ear and he was whispering, “Wake up, we’re back.” I groggily moved my head to face the direction of his voice. I searched for his lips and he found them, his hot breath was in my face immediately and it woke me up completely. He kissed me ever so gently.

“Thank you,” I sighed as he helped me out of the car and up the stairs into the house. My father was there to greet us, my mother beside him staring at the side of his face. “Hi,” I smiled up at them gently.

“Thank you for bringing her home,” Bella said to Jacob.

“You would like to talk to both of us?” Edward asked to confirm a thought of Jacob’s. Jacob nodded briefly. “Bella,” Edward said as he grabbed her arm.

“I want to be out of earshot from the rest of your family,” Jacob said.

“Come to the cottage then,” Bella suggested. She and Edward ran out of the door.

“You, stay,” Jacob demanded as he kissed my cheek before running after them. I wanted to run after them, to hear what they said, but I knew everyone would be angry at me if I did.

“Renesmee,” my aunty Alice said as she appeared at my side. “Come with me,” Alice smiled gently at me as she took my hand and led me into the kitchen.

“Alice, I’m not done yet,” Rosalie complained as she removed a chicken breast from the grill and put it onto a plate. “I still have to put it all on a plate.”

“I’m sure she can see you do that,” Alice laughed as Rosalie quickly through a salad onto the plate next to the chicken.

“I knew you would be hungry and we don’t have the time to go hunting at the moment,” Rosalie smiled as she handed me the plate.

“Thanks Aunt Rose,” I said as I greedily took the plate and dug into it quickly with a fork. I scoffed it down within a matter of three minutes. “I must have been hungry.” I got up to walk around the bench and give her a hug. But I started to feel light-headed and I wobbled after the chair.

I felt my stomach churn like it was going to drop and I suddenly felt very weak.

“Nessie?” Alice asked uncertainly. “Nessie, you better go to the bathroom.”

“Excuse me,” I said as I decided to take her advice. I sprinted up the stairs into the closest bathroom –the one that was open to people when they visited. I immediately fell onto the cool tiles and bent over the toilet bowl.

“I promise I didn’t poison it,” I heard Rosalie say to Alice downstairs. “All the ingredients were good and fresh. And no it wasn’t my cooking.”

“I think it might have been the meat,” Alice said gently. “It looks good but on the inside it might be off.”

“You would have seen if it were off,” Rosalie retorted.

“Not necessarily, Nessie was the one to eat it remember, I can’t see her.”

“Then explain how you knew she was going to the bathroom?” Rosalie asked suspiciously.