Chapter 9: Secret

A/N: Remember the story is now in Renesmee's point of view

Chapter 9: Secret

Have you ever had a secret that you couldn’t tell anyone? Well not that you couldn’t tell them, but you just didn’t want to. Well that was how I was right now. Jacob and I had a secret that he was careful not to think about when he was in his wolf form or when he was around my father. He knew that it would get us both in trouble.

I looked up at his troubled face as we walked along first beach. His big, warm hand was in mine and he was swinging both of our hands back and forth.

“Jake, this silence is getting too much for me,” I said as I stopped walking. He hadn’t talked to me in more than five minutes and it was driving me insane. “What are you thinking?”

“I was thinking about yesterday when we killed that brutal beast,” he snarled and I immediately flinched even though I should be used to all these snarls and growls since I was brought up with them.

“Well’s she dead now can we please just talk about other things,” I sighed as I started walking again. I hated the silence between us; it was awkward and it made me feel insecure. “I don’t want to talk about Jane when I know that we will have to face the consequences later on.”

“I’m sorry, Nessie, I don’t want to hurt your feelings,” Jacob gave me an apologetic smile. “What do you want to talk about.”

“Something has been bugging me lately,” I said slowly, not quite sure when to begin.

“If it was about last night…”Jacob began slowly but he trailed not knowing how to continue.

“Last night has been on my mind a lot but that isn’t it,” I said with a small smile on my face as I had remembered last night when my mother and father had let me stay at Jacob’s house until late.

“Then what is bugging you?” Jacob asked curiously. He looked at me, his eyes were wide with concern. “I don’t want something to bug you.”

“What’s bugging me is, we’re moving soon. Carlisle isn’t going to pass for thirty-something for much longer. He’s not ageing, it is becoming obvious. I’m concerned what’s going to happen between us,” I whispered and I looked into his eyes.

“I’ll come with you of course,” Jacob said confused. We stopped walking again and he wrapped his arms around me, embracing me in a giant bear hug. “I can’t bear to leave you.”

“Jake, my father is very old-fashioned, he wouldn’t allow for you to stay with us. You would have to buy a house for yourself, it would cost a lot for you to do that,” I smiled weakly at him.

“I could work around your father’s rules,” Jacob smiled sneakily. “It will be a piece of cake.”

“I don’t want you to anger him,” I said. “Maybe you will just have to settle with coming to visit me every so often.” I touched his cheek with our hands.

“I will find a way around his rules,” he assured me with a sly grin.

“Fine, just promise me you won’t anger him,” I said as I stared him straight in the eye.

“I promise,” he bent down towards me to kiss me.

“Jake, would you mind taking me home?” I asked after our kiss. “I don’t feel one hundred percent; I don’t think I will be able to run home,” I explained.

“Ready to go home already?” he asked with a small smile. I looked out to the ocean, the sun was making a fast descend.

“Jake, it has been hours,” I laughed.