Chapter 57

{3 months later}
"Leo." I waved over my hand, calling him over. He looked over at me while smiling.

"Yes?" He appeared in front of me, looking down at me closely. I smiled, looking around towards the kitchen of our beach house.

I grabbed his hands, looking at him with smiling eyes," I think we should think about names."

"Names? What did you have in mind?" He leaned in looking interested.

"Hm..." I swung his arms slightly, "I was actually thinking-"

"Marlie..." a voice whispered. I woke up abruptly, looking around slightly.

"Hey, you okay?" Jacky was laying next to me with a concerned look on her face. I sat up slightly. I was staying at Jackys since I couldn't bare to go to the beach house Leo had built for us. I didn't even want to look at it.

"Yeah Im good. Sorry." I rubbed my head.

Jacky smiled," Wait here." She patted my hand before standing up and walking out. I rubbed my eyes, sighing loudly.

She walked in, holding a cake and candles lit.
I raised my eyebrows.

"Happy birthday." She smiled, placing the cake box on my bed.

"Jacky..." My eyes watered," You didn't have to."

She smiled," Make a wish." She pushed the candle towards me. I smiled, leaning forward and blowing out the candle. I looked at the cake with a smile. It was beautiful white cake with pink flowers surrounding it.

She clapped enthusiastically, placing two forks in front of us," Dig in."

I nodded, bringing the plate towards me and eating the cake happily.

"It's a shame Leo couldn't come for your birthday." Jacky said suddenly. I froze.

I had told everyone that Leo had gone to film a movie somewhere away since I was too embarrassed to say he left again. He left again. Seriously, I'm so sick and tired of it. Same old same old. What was I to expect from him?

I stabbed the cake a bit harshly, Jacky glancing over towards me.

"Oh, by the way, David told me to tell you he wanted to meet with you tonight for your birthday." She cut off a piece of the cake.

"Okay. Where? Why didn't he just text me?" I asked, grabbing a forkful and placing it in my mouth. German chocolate cake, my favorite.

"He said at yours and Leo's house. I don't know why he didn't text you." She placed a piece of cake in her mouth. My stomach turned. The beach house? Why? Why of all places did it have to be there?

Jacky gasped," WOW this cake is so good." She took another piece.

What even did David have to tell me? I really couldn't think of anything. I thought back. I sighed, chewing on my fork in thought.
-
"Happy birthday." Johnny said with a smile, passing me a card.

"Thank you, Johnny." I smiled, walking on the sidewalk of the park.

"How's..." he nodded his head towards my stomach. I smiled, placing my hand on my stomach and sighing. I was only showing a little, but it was noticeable.
"He's good." I pressed my lips together.

"He?" Johnnys eyes widened," It's a boy?"

I nodded.

"Marlie, that's amazing!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, he reached over, picking me up," Congratulations."

"Thank you." He placed me down, and sighed, placing his hands on my shoulders, his smile slowly flattening as he saw my expression.

"It's hard, huh?" He asked.