Chapter 39

Three more days. Three more days until Leo gets married. I've been avoiding him for almost two weeks, making sure I left class early and got there right on time. I didn't want to talk to him. I know that if I did, then I'd stay. If he found out that him and I used to be a couple, I'd stay for sure. But I didn't want that. I wanted my dream of being a photographer to become true, and I wanted Leo happy as an actor. So what was I supposed to do about it?

I sighed, looking at the wedding invitation for the second time that day. I haven't decided if I wanted to go or not. That day was also my flight to Rome, but it wasn't until later on in the day.

I slowly stood up, before wincing in pain.

From the couch, Johnny looked over at me.

"Is it your back again?" He asked, suddenly concerned. I closed my eyes, shaking my head, although it wasn't convincing.

My back had hurt a lot lately.

"You should rest." Johnny appeared in front of me, putting his arms on my shoulders and making me sit down on the chair again. I nodded slowly.

He had been here for the past couple of days. I think that he felt that he needed to be here, since Leo was getting married. You know, to keep an eye on me. But, weirdly, I didn't feel anything. It was as if I was numb to everything happening.

"Are you going to school today?" Johnny asked casually.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked him questionably.

"I just think it'd be better if you didn't. You know, for your own sake." He mumbled, looking down at me.

I sighed, looking away, "I'm going. I can't run away from them forever." I shrugged.

Johnny stayed quiet, considering something silently," I'll go with you."

I shrugged," If you want."

I stood up, moving towards the door. Johnny didn't move, thinking hard.

"You coming?" I turned towards him. He smiled, turning and walking with me.

-
I got to class after Johnny dropped me off and I instantly regretted being a little early for once. Immediately as I walked in, Leo stood up, making Amanda's head turn towards me.

I paused, mentally debating just walking away.

I was about to turn around when Leo spoke up.

"You don't have to run away. I won't bother you." Leo said, before sitting down and facing the front. I hesitated, biting my lip and moving to sit in my seat.

Somehow having Leo not even try hurt more than him finding out. But, this was for the best. I can't go back on my plan now. I sighed to myself.

-
It was lunchtime and I sat down with Jacky and Eugene. Johnny hasn't come to lunch and he hasn't answered any of my messages either. So much for keeping an eye on me.

"You know what I think you need?" Jacky said, her mouth full of pudding. Sometimes I can understand how her and Kai are twins. They have similar habits.

"What?" I asked, not really paying attention.

"I think you need a haircut. Everyone knows that after you get a haircut, then you're done for sure." Jacky nodded.

Eugene examined me and my hair," That's a good idea." He grabbed my hair, feeling how short to cut it. I shooed him off.

"I'm not cutting my hair." I said plainly, eyeing them carefully.

Jacky shrugged, brushing the topic off.

Should I cut my hair? I thought silently to myself.

Suddenly there was a loud noise that got Jacky, Eugene and I's attention. We all looked up towards Johnny standing in front of Leo.