Chapter 15- Wedding day pt.1

{4 years later}
"I cant believe your wedding day is in tomorrow. Are you crazy?" Jacky raised her eyebrows.
I looked over at Evelyn who just smiled," No?" She laughed.
"Awe. You're so in love." I nudged her on the shoulder.
Jacky made a gagging face.
"Stop! This isn't about you. This is about Evelyn." I warned Jacky.
"She's marrying my twin brother. What do you expect?" Jacky spat.
Evelyn couldn't stop smiling.
"Hey, Marlie." Jacky lazily looked over at me. She might be a bit drunk," How about you and I get married if we aren't already by the time we're thirty?" She blinked prettily to me. I put my hand on her forehead and pushed her away.
"Shut up. You're drunk." I warned. She pouted. We were currently in a club, for Evelyn's bachelorette party. She said she didn't want it a huge deal, mainly because we're her only real friends and the rest are just people she occasionally talks to from yoga class, but it's nothing major, or at least, nothing I planned is major.
"Ugh I still remember when you told us about how you two were dating." I sighed.
"Yeah, it was the night that Marlie and Leo bro-" Jacky started. Evelyn kicked her under the table and she squealed.
"What the heck? Why'd you kick me for?" Jacky groaned. Evelyn looked towards me and I sighed.
"You don't need to keep on not mentioning him. I'm totally over him." I sipped my soda.
They both looked over at each other and I groaned.
"Guys! I'm like Johnny now. I don't have time to be thinking about Leo. Who I haven't seen, in four freaking years. Okay?" I said it a bit harshly.
"Okay."
"I mean yeah." Evelyn and Jacky said at the same time.
"Thank you." I sipped my soda angrily.
Jacky quickly changed the subject,"I can't believe I'm going to be your sister in law!" Jacky cheered before taking a shot. Evelyn laughed nervously," Me either." She said less enthusiastically, taking one herself.
"You'll be fine." I nudged her. She smiled weakly.
"By the way, Marles, I need to tell you something when we get out of here." Evelyn sighed.
"What is it? I'm totally sober." I smiled supportively.
"Actually, I think you'll want to wait till you're drunk to hear this." Evelyn mumbled, basically forcing a shot down my throat.
I furrowed my eyebrows at her and I looked towards Jacky who had disappeared.
"Where'd she go?" I stood up. I spotted Jacky currently dancing on the dance floor. I groaned.
"I don't want to be the one to take her home." I mumbled angrily.
"I'll help you anyway. We should probably go soon." Evelyn stood up. I nodded before walking to Jacky and dragging her away from a guy she started dancing with.
"Wha- Hey!" She squealed as Evelyn and I pulled her away.
-
As soon as we got to my apartment (which is Jane free by the way. And at a different location) Jacky immediately passed out on the couch.
"She was so drunk." I mumbled, before heading to the kitchen.
"Hey, I have an idea." Evelyn said jogging happily to the kitchen," Lets play a drinking game."
I narrowed my eyes at her. Evelyn hates drinking games.
"Okay." I mumbled.
"Great!" She pulled out a few drinks. She passed me one and I looked at her confusingly.
    After a few games, I was a bit tipsy and so was Evelyn, which is weird. I'm usually a lightweight, but it's not like I've drank that much.
Evelyn put down her drink and sighed.
"What were you going to tell me again?" I asked her. She bit her lip.
"Maybe you should drink some more." She mumbled.
"Wait wh-" she interrupted me by grabbing my drink and putting it to my lips.
She let go of me and I swallowed, "Evelyn! What the heck!"
"Are you drunk now?" She looked desperate. I opened my mouth to say no but then she said," Good. I can finally tell you what I've been wanting to tell you, for five freaking months." She sighed, as if a big weight had been taken off of her shoulder. I took a long sip from my drink.
"Tell me."
She took a deep breath," Leo's going to my wedding." She blurted out.
My eyes widened,"Leo? My Leo? Leo? The one who broke up with me Leo? That Leo?" I stuttered.
"Maybe?" She bit her lip.
"Evelyn," I mumbled as calmly as I could," I'm going to kill you!" I charged at her. She ran away jumping over some papers on the floor.
"I'm sorry! It wasn't my choice!" She screamed.
"What do you mean? It's your wedding!" We were now running around the kitchen.
"Kai invited him!" Evelyn was running quickly and we were starting to get out of breath.
I stopped to catch my breath," What? Why? They weren't even close in high school." I breathed.
"Because apparently they're close now. They talk every once in a while. Plus, since Leo is famous now, going into movies and stuff. I think he likes the idea of knowing a movie star." Evelyn breathed. I leaned on the counter.
"He's also a groomsman and you're his partner so you'll be seeing him at the wedding tomorrow." Evelyn mumbled.
"But, we had a rehearsal? He wasn't there. Isn't this going to throw everything off?"
I put my face in my hands.
"Everyone already knows. You're the only one who doesn't." Evelyn mumbled.
I sighed.
"What about Johnny?" I mumbled.
"He knows also. He's the best man. So he'll be with Jacky and you'll be with Leo."
Evelyn had picked Jacky to be her maid of honor because she's one of Evelyn's best friends and because she's Kai's twin. She's the perfect choice. But right now I would trade with Jacky in a second. I can't see Leo again! Last time I saw him was one of the worst nights of my life. I was really going to tell him I loved him and he left.
-
The next day I was extremely nervous. Not only was I going to see Leo for the first time today, but also Evelyn and Kai were going to get married! MARRIED! I still couldn't believe it. I was wearing a beautiful gold flowy dress, and waiting with Evelyn and Jacky before the big ceremony.
"Are you excited? I bet you are." Jacky nudged Evelyn.
"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Evelyn gave out a shaky laugh. Me and Jacky looked over at each other.
"Don't worry. You'll be fine." I patted her on the shoulder. Evelyn looked beautiful. And she was getting married. Ugh I still can't believe it. The more I say it, the more It just feels so unreal.
"I am fine." Evelyn reassured. But she didn't sound fine at all. She sounded nervous. Evelyn isn't good at being the center of attention. She's extremely shy sometimes and hard to get to know.
"Let's just talk about something else." Evelyn suggested.
I opened my mouth to change the subject when Jacky suddenly said," I saw Leo today."
My mouth instantly closed.
"Me too. He seems more..." Evelyn paused trying to find the right word.
"Mature?" Evelyn mumbled.
"Manly?" Jacky suggested.
They both giggled at that before looking over at me. I haven't seen him. I don't want to either. It's not like I've been avoiding him, it's just that we don't seem to cross paths. Which is good. I'm good.
"Stop looking at me." I warned them.
Evelyn reached over a grabbed a cup," Please get me a cup of water. My mouth is too dry. I think I'm nervous." Evelyn asked.
I grabbed the cup, thankful for the excuse to finally leave the room and not talk about Leo. I closed the door behind me steadily and I gave out a big deep breath.
I walked through a couple of people, not really knowing where the water was. That's when I saw the water, exactly behind Leo. He was in the middle of the crowd, walking towards me without seeing me yet.
My heart started pumping out of my chest from nervousness.
He looked like he was looking for someone. I looked around, trying to find a place to hide. I can't let him see me. What if he thinks I'm uglier than before? Or what if he's a total jerk now that he's a movie star?
I instead covered my face with my hands, ducking down and quickly started walking towards the water. I almost instantly bumped into someone's chest, before looking up.
Leo, of all people stood there, smiling at me with two glasses of champagne in his hands.
"Marlie, hi." He said, almost like a whisper.
"Hi." Is all I said back, looking at him. He did look more mature, almost a bit broader. Not that much, but just enough for people to notice. His hair was still parted the same way, with that silkiness I liked him for.
He looked good in a suit, better than I expected.
He looked down at me with a slight smile, as if he was glad I was here. I couldn't tell if it was just a coverup. He is an actor after all.
"It's nice to see you." He smiled down at me, his hair edging forward a little bit.
"Is it?" I couldn't bring myself to say anything more. Whatever I said, wouldn't be as awkward as this.
"Oh, here." He handed me a glass. I stood there, looking down at it.
I gulped nervously before taking it in my hands and subtly sipping it.
"Thanks." I breathed out once I was done. That was well deserved.
"You look good." He sipped his champagne, subtly looking up at me from it with a bit of flirty? Eyes.
"Thanks." I smiled weakly. Trying to find something to say," I didn't know you were coming, honestly." I finally said.
He put his glass away from his face," Really?"
I nodded.
"Are you glad I'm here then?" He narrowed his eyes at me.
I paused. Was I glad he was here? I don't think so. The good news is that he's probably leaving after this whole wedding is over with.
I looked down at my cup.
"Oh, right! Sorry. I have to get Evelyn something to drink." I mumbled, pushing past him and walking towards the drinks. He looked at me confusingly.
That had to be one of the most awkward conversations I've ever had.