Chapter 43

I faintly heard a rapid knocking as I woke up slowly.

I rolled over, realizing that the knocking was real and right outside my door. I slowly got up, opening the door and squinting.

"Marlie, you slept in. Cmon. Graduation is today!" Eugene said, walking in uninvited. I sighed, closing the door behind him.

"I don't want to go." I mumbled, laying down on the couch. Eugene stood over me, his arms crossed.

"Cmon, Marlie." He said, grabbing onto my arms, and attempting to pull me up. I was still half asleep as he pulled up half of my body, before losing grip, making me fall on top of him. I groaned in pain, shutting my eyes as my head hit his chest hard. He let out a laugh mixed with a grunt. I looked down at him, before we both broke out into laughter.

There was a knock at the door. I stood up slowly, dusting myself off.

"Okay. Okay. Fine. I'm up." I laughed, walking towards the door and pausing once I opened it.

"Jacky!" I exaclaimed.

"Marlie!" She screamed, basically tackling me in a hug. I laughed, jumping up and down with her.

Behind her was Evelyn and Kai. Jacky let go of me and ran towards Eugene, basically jumping into his arms as he twirled her around.

I ignored it and I smiled towards Evelyn and Kai.

"I missed you guys so much!" I threw my arms around the both of them. Evelyn laughed as Kai looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"You're all grown up." Kai mumbled, pretending to cry. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"These were outside for you." Evelyn handed me a bouquet of flowers. I examined them, thinking back to when Leo was going to give me some. I smiled slightly.

"Secret admirer?" Evelyn leaned towards me. I narrowed my eyes and shook my head.

"Of course not. Come in." I urged them, moving out of the way. They walked in and I closed the door behind them, smelling the flowers sweetly.

"Big day today." Kai smiled, taking off his coat.

I nodded and smiled. Something felt like it was missing...

"Wheres Johnny?" I asked casually.

Evelyn and Kai looked over at each other awkwardly.

"Well, he thought it'd be best to just not drop by, you know, old feelings and all." Evelyn laughed awkwardly.

"Have you seen Leo yet?" Jacky asked me happily, Eugene's arm around her. I nodded.

"When were you going to tell me he didn't get married?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

She smiled," I tried to tell you. I really did. But whenever I mentioned Leo, your ears sort of went deaf. Rome changed you." She wrinkled her nose cutely. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Why did they call it off anyway?" I asked curiously.

They all shrugged.

"No one really knows why. We don't talk to Leo anymore. At least, not right now." Jacky mumbled awkwardly.

I raised my eyebrows.

"Why don't you guys talk to Leo?" Eugene asked curiously, his eyes scanning across the room.

Evelyn shrugged.

"It's just different since you guys left. He dropped out of college, so there wasn't much places to see him. He even disappeared the day before his wedding." Kai thought back.