Your father's figure hunches over as if in pain, and you rush over, your eyes widening at the scene unfolding.

His skin was pale, his eyes glassed over. Blood dripped from his stomach and on to the floor, the path of a large bullet in view through his shirt.

You scream.

The memory distorts, suddenly you're back in your mother's office, blood on your hands, your mother's body in front of you. The man who she had been speaking to stands behind you, a gun in his hands, a triumphant look on his face.

"The right end for such dirty people with dealings with the mafia while holding an office in the government".

'Dealings with the mafia? I didn't-but why did they have to be killed?'

Rage and grief burns through you veins as you yell and push the chair beside you towards the man, yelling, wanting him to hurt. The man gasps and shoots a shot from his gun, cursing that he hadn't killed you earlier.

The bullet grazes your shoulder, but you don't feel anything, too caught up in attacking the assassin in front of you.

There's another gunshot, but this time you find the gun in your own hands, and the bullet straight through the man's stomach. Out of desperation, you shoot twice more, making sure there was no chance he'd survive.

You feel tears stream down your face as the stench of blood overwhelms you, and the sight of bodies on the floor sends a shiver down your spine with shock.

Sirens are heard in the distance, and you aren't sure when, but the police end up arriving, throwing hand cuffs on you as your insides rot with guilt. You don't react, although your mind screams at you to fight them, that you didn't have a reason to be blamed. It was self defense...wasn't it?

Once again, the memory cuts off, only to pick up with you in a small cell, almost in the complete dark. Your hand cuffs are too small, and your wrists burn in pain at the steel cutting against your skin. You walk to the iron door of the cell and start screaming and banging on the door.

"IT WASN'T ME! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! LET ME OUT LET ME OUT LET ME OUT!"

•••

"[l/n] [f/n]. My name is Mori Ōgai, and I am the answer to all your prayers."

You don't reply.

"I've seen what you do with your ability around here, twisting their minds for favours...but you've only used it for small scale favours. So, I started digging and found this curious detail. You only just recently were recorded to have an ability. That leaves you with so much potential...and I owe a debt to your parents."

Your turn your head to look at the middle-aged man, a spark in your eyes when he mentions your parents.

"I didn't do anything."

"Of course, but you did kill a man, didn't you?"

Mori only receives more silence from you.

"I'm bringing you to the Port Mafia, [l/n]. You will be a great asset."

With no one left to live for, you don't object, but you were never free of the guilt you carried, though once joining the Port Mafia, the killing only got easier.

Oblivion • Akutagawa x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara