Chapter 34, Lacey

Georgi ends up sleeping over at my house. I don't want to drive her home since she's so wasted, because I know her mom wouldn't want to see her like that.

I lie awake for a few hours after we get home, thinking about this whole Traci and Kimberly drama. I know that I probably shouldn't have interfered and now I can't help but think that it's partly my fault that Traci got so mad.

But she has to believe Kimberly right? She's her best friend after all.

I hear a soft knock on my door. I mumble "Come in" and my dad enters. His eyes immediately wanders over to Georgi.

"How is she?" he whispers.

"Okay I think, but she might need some painkillers when she wakes up," I respond. He nods and turn to look at me instead.

"And how are you?" he asks.

I shrug. "Remember that Traci and Kimberly were fighting? Well their fight just got worse, I think. And I kind of got in the middle of it."

His eyes turn sympathetic. "You think you can solve it by yourselves?"

"Hopefully." I give him a sad smile. Georgi mutters something and looks like she's about to wake up.

"I'll leave you guys alone," dad says and closes the door behind him. I stand up from my bed to brush my very messy hair.

"What happened yesterday?" Georgi groans from the mattress that she's laying on.

"You don't remember?" I ask. She shakes her head at me with a confused expression, so I tell her everything that I can recall from last night.

"Oh shit, I'm such an idiot," she mutters and drags her hands through her hair.

"Well you had a lot to drink. It's not really your fault," I shrug.

"Yeah it is... " she mumbles. "How are they?"

"I haven't talked to them yet," I respond. "Traci seemed really upset though."

Georgi nods. "I guess we'll see how things are on Monday."

"I guess so."

Suddenly my phone rings.

"Who is it?" Georgi asks curiously.

I look at the name of the person calling me.

"It's Alex?" I respond furrowing my eyebrows.

"What?" Georgi widens her eyes in surprise. I stare at her not knowing what to do. "Well answer him!" she exclaims motioning with her hands towards the phone.

I push the green button on my phone. "Hello?"

"Can we meet up? Right now?" he asks.

"Um," I look at Georgi. She nods her head so fast that I'm afraid it will come off. "Okay sure," I say.

"Good, I'll be over in five." he utters and hangs up.

My hearts starts beating faster. "He's gonna be here in five minutes and I look like I've just awoken from the dead!" I frantically say.

"I'll leave," Gerogi responds gathering all of her stuff. "Just get ready, okay?"

I nod and do as she says. I throw on some random clothes and quickly run to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As soon as I'm done I grab my phone and run downstairs.

"Bye dad!" I scream as I run past him.

"Wait! Where are you going?" he calls after me.

"I'm meeting someone!"