"Yes, miss Larsen every student at Brighton Academy has a roommate or two. We'd need to build far more than three buildings if that wasn't the case." He laughs at his response.

Ha.Ha.

I internally roll my eyes but smile giddily on the outside.

"Wonderful." I say as I breathe out heavily, not sounding very pleased.

Which I fucking wasn't!

"I believe you're all set now, welcome aboard miss Larsen I hope you find Brighton to your liking, I look forward to seeing you in classes tomorrow." He extends his hand to shake both mine and my grandfathers hand.

"I'll excuse myself so you can say your goodbyes." He dismisses himself before walking out of the big oak doors of the office.

I turn to my grandpa who holds a soft smile on his face, staring at me in happiness. That's all I could've asked for, that's what all of this is for.

"You don't have to worry about me, I'm going be okay here. You're going to be proud I can promise you that much." I say as tears well my eyes.

"Gracie, I'm only concerned with how much I'm going to miss having my girl this year. I know I don't need to worry about you, you're the smartest girl I know. I love you more than anything in this world Grace Andrew Larsen." He says as he leans in for a hug.

I open my arms to embrace his hug, as tears fall from my eyes I hug him tighter than I ever have before.

I was going to miss him too, I've never been away from him longer than a weekend in my entire life. Things were going to be weird without him, without living with him and hearing his voice everyday.

But I know that the fact I'm doing this is making him happier than ever, and he deserves that happiness after everything I put him through this year.

A sixty-two year old man shouldn't have to deal with a crazy teenager, I feel so guilty that I had to fly off the rails while under his care. He's done nothing but give me a safe and loving home.

"I love you too papa." I wine as we caress one another.

— —

After my papa left, I walked out into the lobby of the administration building.

I took glance through the giant windows to see the three dormitory buildings across the parking lot. I got to thinking what the hell I was going do when I got to my room, I didn't know what to expect of this roommate I was getting.

She could be a killer for all I know, a robber, a sex trafficker. I really had no clue what to expect at this place.

But I could tell you right now, I wasn't expecting anything great.

I finally stopped wasting time and headed out the doors of admin, to dormitory B across the parking lot.

With every step, I felt even more anxious. The closer I got to the building I could feel my heart trying to crawl out of my chest, my brain trying to jump out of my skull.

The hairs all over me were standing at attention.

I was mostly nervous for what my roommate was going to be like, I've never been a very social person.

I've never really had girlfriends besides in middle school, or a friend group, I've always sort of stuck by myself and did my own thing.

Maybe that could've been the reason I crashed a car, my loner self couldn't take being in the dark anymore.