Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

    "There's that smile"

    "I love you too Kai Parker," she says

"wow it feels really amazing to hear you say that" he says holding his heart, all of these emotions were hitting him at once and tears fill his eyes, and for the first time since she had met him almost a year ago, he cried, however he wasn't sad, he was the happiest he'd ever been in his whole life.

    "really?"

    "can you say it again?" he asks before looking to the side trying to figure out why in the hell the best woman he'd ever met chose him out of everyone in the entire world. How did he get so lucky? He pulls her back into his arms and nuzzles his head into her neck.

    "I love you so much"

    "ok I'm gonna need to hear it at least thirty more times before I can let you go"

"Kai I love you more than you'll ever know" Kai drags his left hand across Maddie's back, gently feeling the muscles and soft skin under her sleep shirt. He paused at her bra strap, before passing over it. She was still leaning against him, her face warm against his chest. Her right hand was holding onto his side, gliding her thumb slowly down his skin. His warm breath tickling her ear and making a few strands of her hair fall and touch her cheek. She pulled away and looked into his cool expression. He lifted his hand and touched her bottom lip, then her chin. Her stomach churned as she realized what he was trying to hint at. Maddie knew she shouldn't do this, but at the same time, she really wanted to. Before she could say anything, he lifted her chin with his middle and pointer finger then pulled her lips towards his. There was a moment of stillness after he pulled away, his eyes full of eagerness. Maddie gaped her mouth a little, trying to read him. He moved forward quickly, his lips inches away from her ear.

"I've been picturing this moment since the day we met" he said, before pausing, as if giving Maddie an opt-out to stop. She swallowed, processing what he said. When there wasn't a protest or a different direction from her, he laid her down on her back, his hands slightly going under the bottom of her shirt. She felt her face grow hot as he hovered over her. He hesitated again, giving Maddie another chance to back out.

"I've been waiting a long time for this too..." she trailed off with a sharp inhale as his hands found their way under her shirt. He gently lifted her shirt up a little, exposing her bra and pale skin. Her stomach flinched as he glided his hands up her sides, instructing her to remove the shirt. She did with slight hesitation, dropping the shirt on the floor. He let out a breath as his eyes traveled over her body. He met her gaze, then bent down, placing soft kisses under her bra down to her exposed hip bone. Maddie tried not to watch every move he made, his muscles rippling under every part of his skin. He gestured her forward, leaning his back against the couch as he pulled her onto his lap. He ran his hands up her sides for good measure then found her bra clip. He unclipped it gracefully, which wasn't a surprise. Maddie covered her almost exposed breasts for a moment, feeling slightly embarrassed. Kai smiled, reassuring her with a handful of kisses on her collarbone.

"Don't be nervous, you're absolutely stunning." He whispered, gently pulling her bra from her chest. Kai inhaled a shaky breath as his gaze raked down her. His hands worked up from her sides to her breasts. He carefully caressed her right breast, brushing his thumb over her nipple. Maddie closed her eyes as his warm hand sent heat to the bottom of her stomach. It was frightening but felt more natural than she had expected. Without a warning, he took her nipple in his mouth. His tongue worked the sensitive skin while his other hand went to give the other breast some attention. Maddie already felt semi overwhelmed, feeling her legs tremble a bit. He quickly noticed and smiled a bit before pulling away, leaving her wanting more. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand then met her gaze.