❷✪

i couldn't find a cool number 0 so here's chapter 20 LOL

❷✪

Marisol crossed her arms over her stomach as she headed towards Oscar, who had been patiently waiting next to his car.

He looked up from the ground when he saw her approaching, tapping the ashes from his cigarette on the street.

"How is she?" Oscar asked, nodding towards the house.

"She's still sleeping but I'm going to stay the night, incase she wakes up," Marisol explained, holding her arm out for the cigarette. Oscar gave it over without hesitation, watching as she took two long drags before giving it back. The girl bit down on her lower lip hard, bouncing her right leg up and down.

She shook her head, "What do I even say to her?"

Oscar handed over the cigarette again as she looked up at him. She quickly put it between her lips, running a hand through her hair as she tugged at the roots. Oscar noticed her eyes beginning to gloss.

"How do I help her?" Marisol's voice began to break.

"By being there for her," he simply answered. Marisol nodded, using the back of her palm to wipe her nose.

"Can I," the girl coughed, "can I have another one, please?" The cigarette she had been smoking, quickly running down.

Oscar gave her a uneasy look before taking the pack from his back pocket. He handed her another, the girl placing it in her mouth as she leaned over to him.

He held out the lighter, watching as she came close, her face over the flame. Marisol took another drag as the wind picked up, making her wrap her arms around herself tighter. She glanced over at Oscar, who was looking down at his hands.

His knuckles were rough, swollen and bruised. The skin had been exposed, the blood surrounding it had dried. The girl winced at the sight, stepping forward as she took his hands in hers.

She held the cigarette between her teeth carefully while she talked, "Make sure you wrap that, okay?"

Oscar shrugged, shaking the pain away, "It's not that bad."

Marisol rolled her eyes, tapping away the ashes, "You're so stubborn."

"I heard Cesar's staying with you," Oscar changed the subject. Marisol chuckled, forgetting all about that. She knew Oscar would feel a certain way towards her because of it, she didn't care.

"What about it?"

Oscar shook his head, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly, "Nothing, nothing."

"If you want to know how he's doing, all you have to do is ask," The girl played with the cigarette between her fingers. Oscar took a moment before opening his mouth to speak.

"Fine, how is he?"

"Scared," Marisol answered, honestly. She watched as Oscar's expression slightly changed. He tried to fight how bothered he was, looking away when he noticed her examining him.

He always had a habit of that, not wanting people to see him vulnerable.

It was one of things Marisol hated most about him.

Marisol knew his punishment for Cesar hurt him inside, but, she also knew he wouldn't dare go against Santo rules, even for his own brother. She didn't feel like fighting with him about the affiliation, so she decided to let it go for the moment.

"But," she continued, "he's okay right now." Oscar let out a small sigh of relief, slowly nodding his head. He ran a hand down his face, showing the exhaustion on his face.

Marisol raised an eyebrow and tilted her head to the side, "What's up with you?" The girl watched as he covered his mouth as he yawned, shaking the drowsiness away.

"Haven't been sleeping lately," he answered, leaning his back against the side of his cherry red Impala. Marisol let the smoke exited her before finally tossing the cigarette aside. She squinted, beginning to notice the darkened circles around Oscar's eyes, how hollow his cheeks sunk.

The second the light came on from inside the house, the two turned their gazes away from each other. Marisol let out a deep sigh, her shoulders relaxing, "She's up, I should head inside."

When the girl began to walk away, Oscar called her name, causing her to stop. He hesitated before exhaling, "I'm sorry for what happened at the party." Marisol's eyebrow flinched upwards in confusion, waiting for him to continue.

"I was just mad about some shit from earlier," he lied, "I didn't mean whatever I said."

The brunette dryly laughed, her voice echoing throughout the empty street.

"It sounded like you did to me."

"I didn't," Oscar simply replied, making Marisol roll her eyes.

"You can't just use that as some sort of an excuse, Oscar," she threw her hands up in the air dramatically, "you were upset, okay but that doesn't mean do or say whatever you want."

The Santo let out a sarcastic chuckle, shaking his head as he leaned further back on his vehicle, "So, you being angry didn't have anything to do with that pendejo coming over right after?"

Marisol had immediately known he was talking about Travis, considering that was the name he often referred to him as. Marisol eyes slightly widened, not planning on telling him about what had happened when she left the party.

"How do you know about that?" She stood up straight, trying to pretend as if she was unbothered by it.

"You haven't gotten it through your head that estas calles son mías," Oscar answered, gestured to himself, "you think I'm not the first to be told if my boys saw a pinche Prophet in the neighborhood? Tiene suerte de dejarlo ir."

Marisol couldn't help the scoff that escaped as she shook her head in disbelief, "You act like I give a fuck. You're not my boyfriend, Oscar, and I'm not your girlfriend. Aren't you the one who reminded me that, 'we kissed once' and that I should 'get over myself'? So, I did."

Oscar shook his head at the younger girl, "You know that I didn't mean it, we go deeper than that."

Marisol swallowed the shallow lump in her throat, ignoring his comment about their history with each other. She held back her true feelings, "Well, none of that matters now, does it?"

Oscar couldn't reply as he stared while Marisol walked away from him, not daring to look over her shoulder before closing the door behind her.

more drama for yallllll let know how you guys are liking the story so far, i feel like soon i should start involving some more scenes from the show because i've barely involved ruby and jamal in this book but since they were heavily involved in my other book, sativa, i wanted to focus more on monse and cesar's character in this book also remember to vote and comment each one means a lot!!