Chapter 7 - Harry

That night, I waited up until all the Death Eaters were asleep. Hermione, Ron, and Ginny crept into my rooms soon after.

"So," I said, "We're here to discuss the Death Eaters."

Hermione and Ginny scowled. "They're not Death Eaters, Harry."

"Yes they are," I replied. "Look at all the weird things about them. I held out the list I'd written earlier.

Powerful fathers

Knew Lupin was a werewolf

Know Snape

Weird nicknames

All speak some strange language

Didn't throw up after apparating

Hermione frowned at Ron and I. "Look, the weird language was Greek. When I was talking to them earlier they said that they had been required to learn it there. It's also how they know Snape."

"Snape teaches at a summer camp?" Ron asked, mouth agape.

"Close your mouth before you catch flies," Ginny replied. "And, yes, possibly Snape has a life outside school."

Hermione sighed. "Look, Harry, I don't know what's up with you. You've been acting very egoistic lately. You were flirting with Annabeth, who IS ENGAGED, which is not something the old Harry would do."

I frowned at her. "I haven't changed. And I don't know what you're talking about. I was trying to break Annabeth out of the spell the Death Eaters have her under."

"They have Thalia under one too," Ron insisted.

Hermione and Ginny were horrified and furious. "Two things," Hermione said quietly, "Just because you're the Saviour of the Wizarding World doesn't mean that the reason some girl doesn't instantly fall for you is because she's spelled, and two, Ron, Thalia has taken a vow never to fall in love and hates 99% of boys."

"She hasn't met me, then," Ron said confidently. "What do you think my chances are if I ask her to go on a date with me."

"Depends on whether you ask her before or after she's gotten a wand," Ginny snickered.

"What'dya mean?" Ron asked.

"Well, if you ask her before, there's an 100% chance of you getting beaten up. If you ask her after, there's an 100% chance of you getting turned into a jackalope."

"Wha..." Ron asked. I felt kind of mad. Who were these girls to refuse Ron and I? We were the saviours of the world.

Wait.... Why shouldn't they refuse us? It was their choice...

But they're spelled.

And yet, Annabeth is still engaged to Voldemort's Grandson, a little voice in the back of my head nagged. Surely if he was really bad she would have broken the spell?

Dispel that thought, I think. Annabeth is a sweet maiden for you to save.

"Yep," Ginny said. "Ron, she won't date. Actually, chances are none of them will date either of you so just forget about it."

"Why not?" I asked. "We're the Saviours of the world and their boyfriends are Death Eaters!"

Hermione's face flushed bright red. "Let me say one thing. They are not Death Eaters."

"'Mione, the facts are obvious," Ron stated. I agreed.

Hermione got up angrily. "Come on, Gin, let's go somewhere where people value what we have to say."

She and Ginny stormed out. I turned to Ron. "Whatever did we do to her?"