Tale 17 Secrets Part 2 The Romantic Front

Joanna had gotten us reservations at Friday's Station at the top of Harrah's. It has an incredible view, incredible food, and incredibly high prices, but worth it. While we were waiting on our entrée, I asked her, "Lupin says he saw you with Dex this morning, what was that about?"

"I was working the concierge desk and he came in to talk to me about some things. Why are you asking?".

"Just curious, I guess. What did he want to talk to you about? Lupin implied you spent a lot of time together."

"Just long enough to have a coffee at Starbuck's. And what we talked about isn't any of your business."

"Okay. You know he and Destiny are technically still married, I thought he had moved back in with her. They are probably going to get back together."

"I didn't know that, but what does that have to do with...Oh," she started to giggle. "You think...that is so funny! And why do you care who I sleep with?" She was having way too much fun with this.

"I don't. I mean I do, but...I just don't think you should sleep with a married man especially one whose wife is a friend of mine."

"I can't believe you think I'm that easy. You should be ashamed of yourself!" She may have wanted to sound angry, but she was still giggling. Joanna has always been a master at manipulating me. I realized she had gotten me to drop that line of questioning and I still didn't know what she was talking with Dex about. All through the meal I kept trying to get back to it without success. She kept turning the conversation on me to make it sound like I was either being overly nosy or acting jealous which although possibly true, I was not willing to admit to. It was a very frustrating evening. I failed to find out what was going on between Joanna and Dex and I failed to make any progress on the romantic front.